~ Chapter 8 ~

"So what are you doing here? There's still about an hour until you were supposed to pick me up." I ask him and I sit beside him on the bed.

"An hour? Amelia texted me saying that she was already over your house, waiting." He says and I roll my eyes.

I see what you're trying to do, Amelia.

"Oh. Well, I have to go take a shower so can you go get me an apple from the kitchen?" I ask Cody.

He glares at me, "No."

"Please?" I ask again and give him my puppy dog eyes.

He groans, "Fine." He mumbles and gets up from the bed.

I get up from the bed too and hug him with a smile on my face.

He pushes me away and I move to him to hug him again.

"Okay, okay. No hugs."

"Party pooper." I mumble and he glares at me again.

"I'm not a party pooper."

"Whatever you say, party pooper." I mumble and he glares at me again before leaving the room.

I laugh and sit back down on my bed. I'll just check Instagram before taking a shower.

- Cody Carter -

I let out a groan as I grab a red apple. Just as I was about to go back to Sky's room, I hear a loud scream coming from Sky's room. I quickly drop the apple and run to the room.

I stumble inside and see nothing but Sky jumping onto the bed in fear, screaming at the top of her lungs.

"What? What is it!?"

"S-SPIDER!!" She screams and points to the ground, still screaming her head off.

I laugh and she screams louder when I see the small spider crawling on the floor towards the bed.

"KILL IT!!! KILL IT WITH FIRE!" She yells and throws a pillow at the spider but misses and instead hit the desk.

I burst out laughing and a scowl appears on Sky's face, "It's not funny Cody! Please help me!" She yells at me and throws a pillow at me.

I walk out of the room and hear sky yell at me to help her.

I come back with a red plastic cup and search the floor for the little spider.

Once I find it, I scoop it up into the cup and walk over to the window, Sky still screaming like she's being murdered.

Once the window was opened, I let the spider crawl onto a branch outside the window and close it.

"IS IT GONE!?" Sky asks, covering her eyes with her hands.

"Yeah." I answer and she peeks through her hands.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Sky. I'm sure." I say and smile. "I didn't know you were scared of spiders."

She plops down onto the bed and I sit besides her, comforting her by putting an arm around her.

"I'm not scared of spiders. I'm terrified of them." She tells me and shivers.