Duex

Ellis

(A/N listen to the song in the MM while reading)

   I watched from the  park bench as Emmanuel Chung kissed Hannah Davis on the swing, Hannah looked into his eyes and smiled whispering something in his ear that made him laugh and look at her with adoring eyes

I watched from the  park bench as Emmanuel Chung kissed Hannah Davis on the swing, Hannah looked into his eyes and smiled whispering something in his ear that made him laugh and look at her with adoring eyes. I tried to hold back my tears as I brought my knees to my chest. I'd been in love with Emmanuel for years, he told me he loved me too. I even gave him my virginity . I was heartbroken when rumors of him and Hannah spread around the school. Rumors are the worst; especially when they're true.

Hannah glanced up and saw me looking, a mischievous look sparkled in her eyes as she grabbed Emmanuels face and slipped her tounge into his mouth not breaking eye contact with me as she kissed him.

I grabbed my backpack from next to me and got up from the bench, no longer being able to stand the sight of someone else being with the person I loved.
I felt tears roll down my eyes as I began to run towards my house, my hair flew behind me as the tears started to become uncontrollable. I was trying so hard to escape that I tripped over a rock on the bridge causing the contents of my open backpack to spill.

I didn't bother to pick them up, I couldn't stand being here any longer. I should've known it was a trick, why would Emmanuel invite me to the park to talk? It had all been Hannah's doing.

I walked home, walking right past my mother who was trying to ask me what was wrong, I ran up the stairs and slammed my bedroom door before collapsing on my bed and crying.  I was such an idiot for thinking that Emmanuel would actually give me a chance.

I hate Hannah.

We used to be best friends in middle school,
we were always the opposite, her with the long red hair, freckles and emerald eyes that could melt anyone's heart. We were both nerds, always making sure to do our work and turn in our assignments early even if we were called a teacher's pet. But then over summer break Hannah changed, she got a nose piercing, started wearing revealing clothes and had grown huge boobs. She completely ignored me at first, hanging out with the same type of people we used to laugh at.

But then things started to change.

She stared to call me names in front of people, make fun of my family, she even cut a hole in my gym clothes. I couldn't believe it at first, was this the same Hannah that was supposed to be my best friend?

It got worse freshman year, she started dating Emmanuel. The same Emmanuel she knew I had been in love with. The same Emmanuel I had given my most prized possession to.

The tears began to soak my pillow as I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Don't come in here." I cried, but of course my mom being herself, opened the door to my room anyways.

"What's wrong with you babe?" My mom asked bending down and rubbing my hair, I didn't respond and just let myself cry,my mom didn't speak either and just comforted me. I felt sorry for my mom at times, everyone gave her a hard time for becoming a mother of two at such a young age, and when my older sister Solaris went missing everyone blamed my mom saying she neglected her. My mom turned to drinking and was in really bad shape. She couldn't even look at me properly when I was born, I was raised by my grandmother until I was seven years old, before she decided that she shouldn't neglect me.

"Talk to me Elle." My mom pleaded, her dyed blue hair was tickling my chin as she wiped my tears away and embraced me into a hug.

"It's nothing, just stupid guy trouble." I sighed, I didn't want my mom to know that Hannah was giving me a rough time, and I definitely didn't want her to know I'd had sex with Emmanuel.

"Don't worry about it, it's just a stupid boy crush. And if he doesn't like you then he's the one at loss, you're absolutely perfect." My mom smiled rubbing my hair.

I wanted to yell, I wanted to scream, Emmanuel wasn't just a 'stupid boy crush' he was the only one who knew me, the true me. And he used me. He told me he loved me, he lied to me. I wanted to tell my mom everything, tell her I wasn't okay. And that I felt like I should die. But I was only able to whisper two words, two little white lies the cut through my throat as sharp as a blade as soon as I spoke them.

"I'm okay."
------------------

Jesus that was really short :/