Found

"I'm worried about her, Dawn!"

"She's fine, Blaine!"

Blaine and Dawn Carter were in a heated argument about their fifteen year old granddaughter, Georgia.

Blaine had been going through an old pile of papers that he'd been meaning to sort, and came across the letter him and his wife had received from their daughter ,Veronica, about taking care of Georgia. Every year, on the anniversary of the fateful night his granddaughter was left on the door step, he thinks of what his daughter had gotten herself into, why she was in such grave danger.

She had clearly stated in the letter that she was in life-threatening danger, and that her daughter would have been too if she'd stayed with her. At this point, all Blaine could think about was the safety of his granddaughter.

If his daughter was in a lot of danger, wouldn't those who were after her target Georgia? Or did no one know that Georgia existed?

He thought it over for a while until Dawn took his face in her hands.

"Stop worrying. She's fine. If anything happens we're here to protect her. Isn't that why Veronica asked for us to take care of her?" Dawn said this calm and quiet, something that Blaine loved about her. Her ability to stay calm and keep others calm when it was needed was heplful. It was what caught his attention when he first go to know her.

He was, at first, focused on her beauty. Dawn Lennings big blue eyes and long brown hair made her look calm and trust-worthy. As he got to know her, he saw how different her personality was from her looks. He learned that she was outgoing, smart, and tough, but still calm and trust-worthy. His love for her grew over time, and soon enough they had Veronica. Never did they think that they'd end up where they are today.

"I suppose you're right." He gave her a small peck and looked her in the eyes. She had wrinkles all over her face and grey hair on her head, but to him she still looked liked the beautiful young woman he met thirty years ago.

"Geez. Get a room." Said a somewhat disgusted Georgia as she climbed up the stairs, from the basement.

Dawn chuckled, eyes sparkling and smile wide.

"How are you doing on this fine evening, Georgie?" Asked an amused Blaine.

"I was doing just fine until I came downstairs to find my grandparants about to make out." She answered, still obviously disgusted by her grandparents public display of affection.

The room went quiet for a few moments before Dawn said:

"Georgia? Did I ever show you your mother's diaries? I found a few from when she was twelve and thirteen."

Georgia sighed, her grandmother was always trying to talk to her about her parents. The Carters never told Georgia about her parents and what happened to them, so she thought her parents were the bad guys.

They didn't want her to hate her parents, they just thought they'd tell her when she was older, around fifteen or sixteen years old.

"No grandma, you didn't" Georgia said, uninterested.

"Well why don't we go into the basement, and I'll show you." Dawn said standing from her chair.

Georgia hesitantly reentered the basement alongside her grandmother, leaving her grandfather alone to think.

The Carter's basement was cold, dark, and smelled of cigars and must. Moths, flies, and spiders hide in shadows and boxes that filled the room. There was one small lightbulb in the room that was meant to illuminate the room in a blinding light, but had been up for so long that it was now only giving off a dim glow.

"Where are they Grams?"

"Oh! I know I left them around here somewhere!" Dawn started searching the battered box in front of her, while Georgia started looking in a pile of papers on the ground. She found tons of files and letters, but one old and dirty envelope caught her eye. Without opening it, she inspected it carefully. Something about the letter screamed for her to take it.

"Georgie! I found it!" Said Dawn excitedly. Georgia slipped the letter into her back pocket and stood up from the ground.

Her grandmother was holding a dusty five subject notebook.

"This was you mom's." Dawn said shakily, resisting the urge to cry. She handed Georgia the book and walked back upstairs.

Georgia scanned the front of the notebook and flipped it over.

This Book Belongs To: Veronica Marie Carter

Was written across the back. She felt a pang in her chest as she traced her fingers over the writing. All she truly wanted was for her parents to be with her. Her grandparents were great and all, but she wished she'd gotten to know her parents.

Memories of her mother were very short and vague. She was five when she's last seen her mother, and most of the time she had with her was spent worrying. About what her mother worried, she couldn't remember.

The cracked clock in the corner of the room read 8:45 P.M. and Georgia was meant to be in bed by nine.

Georgia climbed the stairs two at a time. Her bedroom was only a few short steps away when the doorbell rang.

"Shit!" Georgia said under her breath.

"I've got it Georgia!" Croaked her grandmother in a raspy voice.

Georgia sighed in relief and continued to her room.

Georgia's Room

Was painted across her door. She pushed the door open causing it to creak.

The door was shut quickly and the envelope was torn open. What Georgia found surprised her. It was the letter her mother had sent her grandparents ten years ago.

She read over the letter with tears in her eyes. She finally knew her parents weren't the bad guys and she was overwhelmed with joy, but her happy mood was cut short when she heard a scream from the living room.

Georgia froze.

"Gram?!" She yelled. A few moments went by and there was no response.

She pushed herself off of her bed and made her way into the living room.

Her grandmother was lying on the ground and appeared to be unconscious.

"Gram?" Georgia rushed to her grandmother's side checking for a pulse.

A tall man with short brown hair and piercing black eyes walked out from behind the door with a baseball bat. Georgia felt the bat collide with her head and fell into black unconsciousness beside her grandma.

"We need her alive, Connor!" Hissed a voice.

"We need her knocked out too!" The man, Connor, hissed back.

"Just get her back to the lab!" The voice spat. It walked out of the house and into a yellow taxi cab parked in front of the house. "And dispose of the old woman!"

Connor obeyed his given orders and threw Georgia over his shoulder. Another man dressed in a black suit threw Dawn over his shoulder and they exited the house.

Connor tossed Georgia into the backseat of the taxi, slammed the door, and slipped into the passenger seat.

The cab started driving to an unknown location, and Georgia lay in the backseat bruised and bloodied.