Chapter 1

Rea

I gasped, my eyes wide open and teary. My hands flew to my mouth and I held back a sob. A boy with dirty blond hair, blue eyes, and a great build had just walked into the school. Parker. It couldn't be. But it was definitely him. He finally came back.

Even after all these years, I would be able to recognize him anywhere. He, of course, grew up, but it's hard not to recognize your first and only friend.

I was in absolute shock. My mind flew with possibilities of reunion and friendship. But of course those were all just dreams. As much as I hoped his personality hasn't changed as much as his appearance did, I tried not to think about the fact that he probably forgot all about me and wouldn't recognize me the way I recognized him.

I stalked to class still in disbelief. I tried to push thoughts of Parker out of my head so I could focus on my school work, but it was impossible.

I remembered when he stood up for me when we were in elementary school, a girl had made fun of me for being fatter and uglier than her, and then all the fun times on our playdates and picnics we had together. And now, he was in most of my classes and he didn't even recognize me. There was absolutely no sign of recognition.

Obviously I was hurt. But then again, he's probably a jerk now and doesn't care for anyone but himself. I'm probably giving myself too much credit to even think he would look at me twice. 

Now was not the time to think about that anyway