Chapter One ~ The Phone Call ~

Jacks POV

"AIR BENDING SLICE!" I screamed, throwing my arm down.

Mark laughed beside me "Do you have to copy Sokka during every scene love?"

I looked at him, about to answer with a snarky comeback that even Zuko would laugh at when my cell rang.

"Hold that thought mister," I said with as much sass as one could muster, I frowned when I saw who was calling. "Hey babe, I need to take this real quick, no need to pause the show."

I heard Marks faint reply of "Alright" before I closed the back door and answered my phone.

"Hello Mr. McCarthy, doing well I hope?"

"Hey Aidan," I spoke softly into my cell, "How many times do I have to tell you to just call me Jack, and yes, I'm doing just fine. How are you?"

"I'm great. I have good news. We caught your father this morning."

I gasped "Really? You're sure it's him?"

"Positive. We had some people come in and identify him to make sure. His trial is on Tuesday."

"Tuesday...three days from now," I drew in a sharp breath. "That's hardly enough time to prepare."

"Yes but we want to get him behind bars as soon as humanly possible. Look, Jack you don't have to be there. We already have more than enough evidence to put him behind bars for life."

"About time too," I said a little angrily. "So when can I tell Mark?"

"Actually you can tell him now."

"Really?!" I cleared my throat and asked more quietly. "Don't I have to wait until after the trial?"

"Well, normally yes. But in this case as long as you don't tell the Internet then it should be fine."

I take a deep breath, "Alright, thank you. For everything." 

"It was my pleasure Jack, I'll call you when the trial is over. Good bye Jack."

I sign, staring down at the phone in my hand, already thinking about how I'm going to tell Mark and the rest of my friends. I run my free hand over my face. This is going to suck major ass balls. 

"Jaaaaaack! I need snuggles!" 

I chuckle softly to myself, what a dork. But as much as I want to go cuddle with my boyfriend on the couch, I can't. I have to talk to him. I have to TELL him. I walk towards the living room, turning off the T.V. when I get close enough. 

"Hey I was watching that, you asshole!" Mark's smile quickly vanished once he saw me, "Jack? Everything okay baby?" 

I sit down on the coffee table in front of him, "Um, yeah, everything is good. Great actually." 

He looks at me, slightly puzzled, "Then what's with the face?" 

I open my mouth to talk, to tell him everything, but I couldn't. I can't. Not now, it would ruin everything. I look down, clenching my jaw. 

"Jack?" Mark moves he hand to cup my jaw but stops when I flinch. I close my eyes to avoid looking at his confused and slightly hurt expression. 

He moves off the couch to squat in front of me, hands on the side of my legs gripping the table. 

"Jack, baby, what's going on?" His concern fills my heart, god, I need to tell him. 

But...what if he leaves me? I love Mark, so much. With everything. He's my world, my universe. Just the thought of him leaving makes me want to cry.