Part One: Awake, Chapter 1

Nothing. Just the purest darkness imaginable. No sensory input. Then, I could feel something. There was a short sound; repeating itself over and over. There was a soft glow around me. I was completely surrounded by something thick that held me suspended against the force pulling me down. I tried to move something. I moved my arm forward and found myself touching a hard, glossy surface.
 As I touched around, I found I was trapped inside a cylinder of this material, filled entirely with the thick fluid. I tapped on the walls, looking for a way out, but could not find one. I hit the glass harder, harder, until I felt it crack. I could feel the fluid escaping through it, to the outside.
 I hit the wall with all the strength I could muster, shattering it, allowing the liquid to flow out, pulling me along. I moved forward about two arm's lengths, but was yanked back by wires connected to my body, before falling down and getting caught on the broken side of my former container, its sharp edges pricking my midsection and my arms. Suddenly, stuck once more, I felt exhausted. I managed to open my eyes for the first time, for a single moment, and then felt myself return to the darkness from which I had come.