Part One: Awake, Chapter 2

One second I was in a white-clad room filled with whirring, beeping, blinking boxes, wet and covered in hurtful shards, the next I found myself awake inside a strange room.

 The room was circular in shape, and was connected to a single, seemingly endless corridor. Its shape was not what made it odd, but rather the way it looked. The walls of this strange place were made of worn, gray blocks carved into with symbols, and there was a strange reflection to them, like the walls were outlined in all kinds of colors, these lights blinking in and out of view and shifting constantly. I went to touch the wall, and noticed my hand was glowing purple. Actually, my entire body glowed purple! Was this normal? It certainly didn't feel wrong. Huh.

 Moving on from the room, I entered the hallway, which also had the colorful outlines. I walked for a long time, but did not find anything.

 When I looked back, all I saw was more hallway, the room was gone. I heard whispers. What do you seek? they asked from inside of my head, speaking to my mind. Hello? Is anyone there? I thought back to the voice.

 In response to my question, the walls shifted nearest to me, the lights meeting to form a new shape; a doorway opened.

 I followed this new passageway, its glow getting progressively redder and its walls deteriorating before opening up to a large room. It had intricate pillars lining its walls, with a mosaic of large stones on the floor. The far wall and the ceiling were gone, opening up onto blackness specked with small lights and colorful smears.

 What is that? I asked the voice in my head

 Space.

 Wow.

 I brought my gaze back down to the middle of the room, where a large, red, glowing shape could be seen, linked to the pillars by glowing red chains.

 What is that? I asked again

 I am not allowed to say.

 Why not?

 The voice was now silent. Strange.

 Curious, I moved towards this red crystal, and could now see it was the source of the red lights. I tried to peer inside, realizing there was something inside it. No. There was someone inside of it, bound by numerous chains. Whoever this was, they held quite the presence.

 They looked up, their eyes a dark green, with some of the left eye's segments being red.

 Hello young one! they said, their voice inside of my head. I was starting to get lonely.