°eighteen°

"What did you say to her?" Taehyung asked sternly, arms folded tightly across his chest as he towered over Jungkook.

Jungkook had never felt so intimidated in his whole life, and if he thought Seokjin was scary, then Taehyung was a whole other story.

But how would he tell him that he basically told Y/N to get lost?

"I just told her it's too dangerous and that she should leave while she's still safe," he borderline lied and he could see Seokjin seethe with rage from behind Taehyung.

They were both terrifying - yes - but the different between Taehyung and Seokjin was that Taehyung was the calm kind of angry; he would never yell or raise his voice for any reason, but Seokjin would scream.

It made Jungkook feel more like their son rather than their maknae.

"Jungkook, the whole purpose of Y/N coming here was to get you out of trouble and get these guys locked up!" Seokjin exclaimed, standing up from the couch opposite to the one Jungkook was sitting on. "Now, thanks to your selfish actions, those guys are still running around probably causing more trouble than before!"

Jungkook had never thought of that.

He wasn't special enough to be their only victim, so why did he never think of that?

All Jungkook had been told was that he was a pawn - useless and submissive - and Jungkook believed it.

He obviously didn't think very highly of himself, so why did he believe that he was the only one?

"After everything Y/N's done for you, the Hell she's put herself through just to get your respect, and this is how you treat her? You just discard her like a piece of trash?" Seokjin continued to yell, and nobody stopped him. "Or do you want to die, Jungkook? Is that it?"

"No, of course not!" Jungkook yelled defensively, standing up so he was eye level with Seokjin.

Taehyung had moved out of the way a while ago so he wouldn't have to feel his hyung's intense glare boring into his back.

"But I can't let other people suffer because of me!" Jungkook nearly choked on his words, tears clouding his vision. He royally cursed himself for crying. "I'm the one who got myself into this mess so I should be the one to sort it out, no strings attached to anyone else but myself. You guys have suffered enough because of me - had to face news reporters, curfews, and everything else imaginable because of me! Why can't you guys see that I love you too much to let you go through that?"

By the end of his mini rant, Jungkook was in tears, his body trembling as Yoongi stood up from next to him to hug him tightly, giving Namjoon a look from over Jungkook's shoulder.

"And Y/N?" Namjoon asked, and Jungkook sniffled from his embrace with Yoongi.

"She's too good of a person to be worrying about someone like me," Jungkook blubbered, gripping into the back of Yoongi's hoodie tighter as he refused to let go of him.

"You really care about her, don't you?" Hoseok asked softly from next to Namjoon, and Jungkook hesitated slightly before nodding into Yoongi's shoulder. "You love her, don't you?"

And Jungkook nodded again.

~*~

word count: 524

angst?