Prologue.

"The way your hair swings over your eyes, the motor in my head turns. Wanting you for such a long time. In my mind, a heart, a lesson to learn.
You'll never know I'm after you, you'll never know.
And you smell like how angels oughta smell. And you look like you're ready to go."

---

James didn't necessarily want to be labeled as the 'religious freak' at his school. His father was the Priest at their local church in Denver, Colorado, and he earned this said reputation that has been lingering on his shoulders for years.

He was supposed to be a perfect-role model, and in reality, he wanted to break away from his father's selfless needs and nature, which in a way, made him selfish.

He was supposed to be quiet, content, and well-rounded, although now he was nearing his eighteenth birthday and entering an executive college. Of course, the good little Preacher's boy would be going to a private school. It only piled onto the stereotype that he wore like his mask.

He's growing more impatient with his good-deeds and craves for something outside of the church. He was respective of his dad's religion and work-ethics although it wasn't really for him.

He was here almost every day after-school, especially on Sunday. James' jobs included to clean the floors and make sure all was nice and kept organized. Under his dad's grip, there was no way to free himself from these white-walls and rows of pews, it seemed.

All of his days worked like clockwork. He woke up and went to school, and immediately after the final bell, he went straight to his church to care for its content. Then he would go to his house and finish homework and other chores around home, and back to the church until he was pleaded to return once more and pass out in his bedroom. It was always the same routine.

James needed excitement. Oh, he needed it bad.

He was supposed to be the good little Preacher's boy who followed the Bible's word by a strict bind of Catholic law, until a Russian exchange student changed his views and stole his entirety, including his heart.

But homosexuality was supposed to be a sin and boys weren't supposed to fall in love with other boys. He thought that this was cheating against his father's will, especially with God watching.

Maybe this masked boy would be an answer to his prayers and maybe he could cause James to tear apart his shell. Maybe this was what he was waiting for. 

Aleksandr Marchant could change everything.

He was cracking.

---

"So hold my hand, I'll take you everywhere, Anywhere you wanna go.
The way your words keep me in a line, I know what I'm here for. Waking up to the green of your eyes, It's something I'll get used to.
You'll never know I'm after you, you'll ever know."

 (A/N: i'll say now that i'm not a super religious person so if some of the stuff in this fic will offend you, then this is your warning now. thanks friends ily. stay strong and stay cute)