Chapter 8

"Everything I've know was a simple mistake. A simple and sweet mistake. It was coming soon, I knew it."

~

Everything around me was a nightmare. I didn't want to stay anymore because of how much was going on around me. The unbelievable became reality in this town. Oakwood was a place I didn't expect to visit again.

It was horrible.

...it was terrifying!

I had no words to explain this fear I had in me.

Just no words.

I went around town only to see everyone in fear and leaving Oakwood for a safer place. And the Carter's? They acted like nothing was happening. Owen's obsession with the Beast was out of control and confusing. Revenge has gotten over him! Mrs. Carter was just not aware, or not caring, of what was going on in this place. Carl showed no fear, but I knew him, he was scared.

And me?

Well, I wanted to think of this as a misunderstanding even though I knew it was 100% real, or so they said. But all the clues and evidences I've found, such as the footprints, were physical and leading directly to a big creature. The Beast.

Owen showed less interest in me as days went by. No more breakfast with us or even a single "hi." And I wanted to think that he was nothing for me, just a man I met and will soon forget. But I knew I was wrong. I did feel something for him. Probably not as strong as love... but attraction? I didn't know anymore. My love, or attraction, for him was slowly fading away by each days, hours and seconds.

After looking around town and thinking for a moment, I decided to sit under the big oak tree in the park. I looked at the town I slowly began to love carefully. I knew this town would become nothing once the Beast arrives.

Just ashes of this mysterious town.

Just ashes...