Chapter 1

I was trying to make my way through this crowded house to find my friends that had ditched me. I'm not the party type so this isn't fun for me at all. My stupid friends dragged me here and now they ditch me?! They will never hear the end of this.

I didn't really like being around so many people at once so I went and found a door that led outside. I ended up walking on the back porch. I liked it better out here because it was much quieter and a lot less people. The yard was pretty big so I walked a little ways past the house where nobody was at. I found a little swing hanging off the tree so I decided to sit on it and relax.

I was enjoying this for a good 15 minutes until I heard a male voice say, "Hey cutie." It scared me so I jumped and he laughed. Once I got a good look at him I noticed he was really cute. He was tan with brown hair and a perfect smile.

"Hi." I said shyly.

"I'm Cameron." He stuck his hand out to me. "You are?"

"I'm Anna." I said shaking his hand.

"So what are you doing all the way back here all by yourself away from everybody?" He asked.

"Oh my friends made me come here and they ditched me. I'm not really the party type so I just came back here. And plus I don't know anybody so it's a little awkward."

"Ahh, gotcha. Well do you mind if I sit back here with you?" He asked.

"Not at all." I said sliding over so he could sit. We sat in uncomfortable silence for a little bit until he broke the silence.

"So tell me about yourself."

"Ha, well there's nothing really interesting about me.." I said softly.

"Oh I doubt that. Come on." He said nudging me.

I sighed. "Well, I'm a 16 year old junior. I'm kinda sorta really shy. Aaand that's about it." I said looking at the ground.

"I'm sure there's more. Let's play 21 questions?" He asked.

I guess it wouldn't hurt. "Sure." I smiled at him. "You first though."

He smiled, "Alright, so what about me is making you blush?"

I felt my eyes go wide and my face get hotter. Oh shit I thought to myself.

"Uh-um." I stuttered. "Fuck it, well you're really cute." I said coming out of my shell. I was already caught might as well just say how I felt.

He laughed and said, "Well thank you. You're very attractive if I must add." He then put his hand on top of mine.

"Your turn." He said.

"Why did you come back here in the first place?" I asked.

"Well to be honest I saw you walk back here and you didn't seem too happy so I thought I'd come and talk to a pretty girl and get away from all those drunk people." We both laughed.

My phone started to ring and it was my friend Kayla calling. "Excuse me for a second." I said answering my phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Anna! Where are you?!" she said trying to talk over the loud music playing in the background.

"I'm outside, why?"

"You ready to go? Elizabeth is sick and wants to leave." She said.

I sighed. "Um, yeah. I'll meet you by the car."

"Alright girl. Bye." she said before hanging up. I put my phone back in my pocket and looked at Cameron.

"You gotta go?" He asked sounding sad.

"Yeah my friend got sick. Sorry." I said apologetically.

"No, don't sweat it. But hey, um I was wondering if I could get your number?"

I smiled and pulled a pen out of my cross body and grabbed his hand. I wrote my name and number.

"Thanks." He said hugging me. "I'll see you around?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said before walking back towards the house. I turned around and said, "Thanks for coming back here and keeping me company."

He smiled and said, "My pleasure."