Wish-nim

It was 10 in the evening and the streets were somehow deserted. The alleys were dark and the night was getting deeper. Noticeably enough, a man around 6 ft was piggyback riding a woman around the same height. Both their cheeks were tainted red, but of different reasons. The woman was blushing due to her drunk situation while the man, well, probably due to embarrassment?

The drunk lady named Sowon got into that situation due to an acquaintance party in her organization. It wasn't her intention to drink that much but due to events that were stressing her so much, she decided to drink the stress away. Hours later, almost everyone in the org got drunk, it was actually pretty messy. Some were crying, some weren't giving up on drinking and some were just, ugh, lying on the floor. Sowon was an exception tho, as she just slept.

Good thing, the responsible sunbaes of the org calmed everyone down and decided to call it a day. Johnny, who's a casual org-mate and once close friend of Sowon, decided to assist her home coz she was too drunk. Thus, explaining the current piggyback ride.

"Where is that guy anyway?" was what Johnny wanted to ask her, but... "Why did you go drinking when you can't even manage yourself?" was the question that escaped from his lips. With his question, he hissed at her, as if she would listen when she's too preoccupied with her own thoughts.

"Ai..m..shu..rie", she managed to response. Her broken English made him kinda blush.

"You're heavy", the shy man brushed the feeling off by telling her that.

"Ai...m...shu...rie", she replied once again.

Now, he was too certain that his cheeks were redder than before, he doesn't deny that. Fortunately, it was night time and his friend was too drunk to notice that.

Sowon was still mumbling things, guess that's the side effect of her drunkenness.

As they were walking, they were almost at Sowon's apartment. It could become the end of the strain Johnny felt due to the piggyback ride, but Sowon suddenly jerked her body, thus she fell to the ground.

"Hey, Sowon!", Johnny yelled in surprise, trying to catch her before she fell but he didn't

There was a little to loud sound produced when she hit herself to the cold cement. Few scratches were visible on her legs and it looks like a bruise will be formed as well.

"Ouch..." she said while holding on to her scratched skin. Perhaps the fall made her sober up a little bit.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't catch you as quick as I should have", Johnny acts so calmly while speaking but it was obvious in his tone that he cares.

Sowon, on the other hand, didn't respond instead she started sobbing. The light cries made Johnny lose his calm act and started to react rather funnily.

"Does it hurt that bad?"

His voice cracked up at the end of the line which made Sowon laugh.

Maybe it was because she's drunk but she instantly switched from down to up. The atmosphere lost its tension and kinda became comfortable – well, literally, as they were both on cold road in front of a convenience-like store, laughing, in the middle of the night.

Johnny then rummages through his bag and pulled out a first-aid kit which made Sowon laugh louder than she should have, especially in the middle of the night.

"Why... you have... that..."

Her broken English plus her weird laugh made Johnny laugh (and blush).