Chapter 43.

Ducki's pov-

Pacing back and forth between the bench on one side of the shop and the door, I waited for Harry's Land Rover to pull up on the road and meet me. Minutes passed and no sign of him was shown.

I sat down and waited for another ten minutes. It was strange for him not to be here already, considering he was only down the street. He would've also texted me if he had complications.

I felt like an idiot. A stupid-fucking-idiot who had no idea what she was doing with her life. What was I doing? Absolutely nothing. I was dumb out of my mind for thinking Caroline was my friend, and dumber for thinking I could forget about Harry.

I pulled out my phone and began calling Harry for the tenth time, getting his voice mail every time.

"Harry, answer your phone I'm waiting outside and don't know where-"

"Ducki?" My voicemail is cut off and the call is connected.

I sigh hearing Harry's voice. It was raspy and almost crooked through the phone, like he had just woken up.

"Harry, where are you? I've been waiting twenty minutes and you--"

"I got into an accident." He coughs and my heart drops. "Can you--"

"You what?!" I yell into the phone, instantly running to my car and stepping inside it. "Where are you? A car accident? Are you okay?"

"Yeah. The ambulance is here..." his voice fades and all I can hear is mumbles and the alarm.

"I'm on my way Harry, okay? I'll meet you there," I nod to myself starting up the car. This old thing better work.

"Okay."

I shakily hold the phone in one hand while I drive holding the other.

"Stay on the line, Harry."

"I will."

Slowly I felt tears fall down my face. I became heated and drove way over the speed limit, hearing his breathing through the phone and the faint talk of police and people.

I turn into the hospital where the drop-off section is, almost instantly seeing a tow truck pulling the Land Rover aside. His car's front hood was curled up into what looked like a crumbled piece of paper, and the red flashing van carried a man out. I saw Harry on the stretcher holding his phone in his hand, his leg lightly twisted and a brace on his hand, but nothing that looked too major.

"Harry!" I shout running over to them. Instantly I am grabbed by security and pulled aside out of the way.

"She's with me," Harry groans, his eyes fluttering.

"Hey." He mumbled when I followed him into the hospital room, surrounded by nurses.

"Hey?! That's what you're going to say to me? What the hell happened--"

"I can't hear from my left ear, shout in this one."

I sigh wiping my tears with the back of my hand. "How did this happen?"

"I was driving to you and some drunk ass was going to wrong way. Slammed right into me." Harry's nurses don't listen to us as they wrap him up to the system.

"How do you feel? Are you okay?"

"I don't know, I think I broke my leg." Harry shouts lightly from his hearing loss and I slowly walk to him on the bed and sit down.

"I'm sorry." I blurt out. "I'm sorry I said that stuff to you."

"It's okay." He smiled lightly and lays his bloody hand on my thigh. "I'm feeling better already."

"Yeah?" He nods and I chuckle.

"Harry, you need to stop moving. We need the IV in you," a young nurse said to him and he nods. She had long blonde hair and green eyes, a thin model body, and a bright smile. I don't like her.

"Babe, stop moving." I am sure to say loud enough for the pesty nurse to hear.

"I know, baby. I love you." Harry winks at me, revealing my plan and going along with it.

The nosy nurse looks at us with a glance and walks out of the room.

"You can't possibly think the nurse is a threat,"

"Did you see the way she looked at you? She was nearly undressing you with her green eyes!" I hum and Harry kisses me hand.

"She can undress me with her eyes all she wants because that's all she'll ever get." My boyfriend smiles and I lean into him lightly.

"Does this hurt?" I say when my head hits his chest.

"Oh yeah," he pretends to hiss. "You may need to go a little lower."

I lay my head further down his chest.

"Lower,"

I did.

"Just a little more,"

And then I caught on.

"You little pervert!" I say slapping his chest. His arm wraps around me and pulls me close to him.

"Stop moving, it's starting to hurt." I think he is referring to his manhood, but I am actually leaning right onto his IV. "There we go."

Warmly his kiss is soft on my face and I hum to the sound of his erratic heart beat, thumping under my ear every second.

"You're crazy, you know that right?"

"Mhm. Your crazy."