Prologue~

Hannah's POV

Tick, tock, tick, tock. I sat in the classroom, staring at the clock, praying it would tick faster. Tomorrow is our graduation, and I’ll finally get out of this hell-hole they call high school. I just want out of here!

xxxxx

 I’m Hannah Isabelle Prescott, I’m 18, and I’m a senior at Fallbrook High School. I don’t have a ton of close friends here, considering my 2 best friends are each a year older than me.

Sarah is 19, and she’s studying at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in San Diego. We’ve been best friends since I moved here when I was 7, and I love her to bits! But I don’t necessarily like her boyfriend…

My other best friend is Niall Horan. Yes, the boy in One Direction. We’ve been there for each other since… well, it’s been such a long time, I can’t even remember! I spent the first 7 years of my life living down the street from him in Mullingar, Ireland. Sadly, I haven’t seen him in person for 6 years now, and although we still talk, it’s not the same. I don’t even know when I’ll see him again…

xxxxx

Finally, the bell rang, and I was the first one up and out of my seat, and I scrambled out the door and toward the carline, screaming, “Freedom!” I looked out over the line of cars, trying to find Sarah. She was taking me shopping today, since I didn’t have the greatest taste in the world.

“Banana, I’m back here!” someone yelled.

“Oh, shut up, sassy!” I yelled at her. I climbed into her car and hugged her. “I’m out of prison! Drive, woman!”

“Okay, okay,” Sarah calmed me. “Calm your tits, babe.”

As she pulled away from the school, I smirked, “I don’t think Nathan wants you to talk to me like that.”

“Then screw him,” she giggled as she rolled her eyes. “Why do you hate him so much? He’s so sweet, and he makes an effort to talk to you, unlike yourself.”

I gagged. “Whatever you say, baby doll.”

“Whatevs.” She grinned and looked towards me. “Yeah, I just said that. Anywho, is Niall coming to your graduation?”

I shook my head. “No, I bet he doesn’t even remember I’m graduating. We haven’t talked in a month, cos he’s on tour…”

Sighing, she said, “I’m sorry.”

“Why are you apologizing?” I questioned. “He’s the one who should apologize, not you.”

She frowned at me and said, “I’m your other best friend. What he doesn’t do, I make up for. That’s one of my duties.” She couldn’t keep herself from laughing at the last part. Apparently it was an inside joke from her class? I don’t even know.

“Thanks,” I grinned.

“No prob,” she replied.

Damn, she always made me laugh. It’s just another reason why I love her so much.

xxxxx

The graduation ceremony went by in a kind of blur. My parents were out of town, so the only person who was there for me was Sarah. Well, Sarah and Nathan.

Finally, they were done calling names, and the ceremony was over. Sooner than I imagined, Sarah flung her arms around me and half-shouted, “I’m so proud of my little geek!”

“Love you, too,” I laughed.

“You bet you do,” she smiled. God, how the hell was my best friend so… flawless? She was definitely the kind of person that all of the hot guys fought over, and that was the case. Nathan, of course, won her over. I mean, they’ve been besties since pre-school! No shock they’re together. It’s actually quite cliché in my mind. “I have a gift for you.”

“Please say it’s a new dresser!” I joked. “I have no room for clothes anymore!”

Sarah rolled her eyes again and giggled. “No, silly fruit. It’s much smaller.” She pulled out a small box and stuck it in my hand. “Go on, open it,” she demanded.

I lifted the lid of the box and gasped when I saw it. “NO,” I whispered. “Oh hell no. I refuse to accept this. This is yours.”

I tried to stuff it back in her hands, but she pushed it away. “Take it,” she insisted. “I want you to have it. Caia would want me to give it to you.”

“But it’s all you have left of her…” I mumbled as I fingered the anklet. “Are you sure?”

“Positive,” she assured me as she bent down to put it on my ankle. “There. Fits like a glove. By the way, I love your outfit,” she complimented.

“Why, thank you. You don’t look half bad yourself.”

I was wearing a light blue, strapless dress that came about mid-thigh. I matched it with a pair of black flats, and I tied my hair up in a high bun. Sarah, on the other hand, was wearing a short, green, strapless dress with a pair of 5 inch, black peep-toe, caged pumps. Her hair was straightened and swept to the left.

 “Well, don’t you ladies look gorgeous tonight?” commented a sweet, Irish accent.

“Oh my God, is that—“

My thoughts were cut off by Sarah squealing, “Niall!” as she hugged him.

“Oh. My. God,” I mumbled.

“Surprise!” he yelled.

xxxxx

Author's Note~
The prologue is finally up! I've been writing this one since the beginning of the freaking school year, so about 7 or 8 months! Jesus... I'll upload some more after I get more of the other stories put up!
What do y'all think of it so far? I thought it was pretty good...
Go read My Hero by hannahhhbanana01 right now! It's fabuLouis! But she's worse about updating than I am... aha Hannah Boo, I love you <3
The picture on the side is what Sarah looks like... but it stretched itself out...
Don't eat a banana that was run over by a purple truck!
~Sarah xox