-1-

Park Jimin has been my best friend since sixth grade. We had sleep overs, went out as friends, probably had the same IQ, and told each other our deepest secrets—something I wish we never did. Secrets. It was good to know about someone's secrets, but it would have been better if we didn't know the ones that could hurt us.

Jimin, during our freshman year of high school, told me a secret that I wish I never knew. He had a crush on Kim Sumi—the goddess of our high school. She was flawless in every single way. She acted like an angel and looked like one too.

She had brains that anyone would die for. I was smart too, but I guess not the smartest. I always placed second in my grade, and who do you think always placed first?

Kim Sumi, surprise, surprise. But, what I didn't get was that Jimin and I were labeled as the nerds. Why? I mean, we always got good grades, but you never see us burying our faces in school textbooks.

I read for fun, but not those big dictionaries.

Jimin, on the other hand, I could understand. The boy dressed like a nerd. I didn't know when it started, but I began to have feelings for Jimin. Maybe it was the first time he held my hand, so we could run from a dog that was chasing us.

Maybe it was the first time that he ever smiled at me. I couldn't tell, but I knew that I liked him. When he told me he liked Sumi, my heart broke.

My hopes of confessing to him shattered right then and there. I remembered putting on a fake smile, saying that I would help him win her heart.

But, as sophomore year came, the goal got harder to achieve. This was when we entered the bad guy. His name was Kim Taehyung. He was handsome and had this 'bad guy' look.

He had a cold aura around him at all times and always looked cool. His face was like a sculpture. The only flaw he had was his monstrous height, but who doesn't like like tall guys? Jimin was pretty tall too, not.

Anyway, when Sumi set her eyes on Taehyung, it was obvious that she like him. She always hung around him, following him like a lost puppy. Well, she did look like one.

Everyone saw Taehyung and Sumi as the perfect couple. I did too actually, but then there was Jimin, who believed the total opposite. When Taehyung first transferred, Jimin thought of him as an enemy.

I thought of Taehyung as a great opportunity to get Jimin away from Sumi, but I knew that wouldn't happen.With Taehyung being here, it only made Jimin more eager to win Sumi's heart.

Now, its the beginning of junior year. Jimin had no progress whatsoever in becoming Sumi's friend. He began panicking that he would never be able to even have a decent conversation with her.

He always pestered me to try and think of something to help him.

I always had an idea in my head, but I never wanted to tell him because if I did, I was scared that my plan would change him.

---
"Just tell me, please?" He asked, with his infamous puppy eyes.

"But, I don't even think that this is a good idea,  I mean I just came up with it like five minutes ago," I lied as I shrugged my shoulders.

I came up with it months ago.

"But, your ideas are always good!" I sighed loudly as I leaned back into the chair that I was sitting on. I knew that they were good. I knew that I made ideas that would never work.

I never wanted to give Jimin to Sumi.

"Not this one," I shook my head. "Why won't you tell me?" Jimin whined as he stomped his feet like a five year old.

I sighed out of frustration and ran my fingers through my dark brown hair.

Because I'm scared that you'll be with her instead of me.

"I—"

I'm scared to lose you.

"Please?" He pleaded, cutting me off. His voice sounded so desperate, only breaking my heart further.

Why can't you find me irresistible just like her?

Why was he willing to do anything for this girl that didn't even know if his existence?

"Fine" I sighed in defeat. Jimin jumped up off his bed and ran around the room like the five year old I thought he was.

He was so happy, and here I am, being the opposite of what he's feeling. Why? Why Jimin? Why did you make me feel this way about you?

"Yes!" He beamed, pumping his fists into the air. He stopped in front of me and looked me in the eyes, making my heart skip a beat.

Why?

"So, what's your plan?" He smiled. I wanted to slap that smile off of his face. I mentally shook that thought away. I took in a deep breath and exhaled. Either now or never.

"Since Sumi likes bad guys, why not make you into one?"