Chapter 4: He's Coming Home

Corinth's POV

"You know, the door's gonna run away if you keep staring at it." Elior said while continuously changing the channels in the television.

I snatched the remote control from his hands and turned off the television.

"Hey! What the hell is your problem?" he yelled.

I didn't replied. By doing this, I know he'll be more annoyed.

"Don't tell me after being mute, now you're trying to be deaf? Seriously, you should get a life."

Okay, that really got on my nerves.

I tried to kick him in the knee but before I got to do that, I slipped off my feet.

Seeing I was about to fall on my face, Elior tried to grab me. Yet that rescue mission seem to fail too. We both fell on the floor in the most awkward position.

He was on top me. I could feel all his weight on my body. When I opened my eyes, Elior was already standing up.

"You're really a bad kisser, Corinth." he teased while rubbing off the blood in his lips.

I looked at him, confused. What had happened? Then all of a sudden, I could taste salt and steel in my mouth.

"Blood?" I whispered.

"You just kissed me. Well no offense, you just kissed me using your teeth."

My eyes grew bigger in shock when I stared at his wounded lip. Then all the shock dissolved into humiliation.

"I didn't know you were the aggressive type." he added

"Shut up!"

I took a throw pillow and was going to use it as my murder weapon (not joking) but my plan was disrupted when I heard a smirk coming from the door.

"Is that your weapon of choice, Wis?" asked amusingly by the person at the doorstep.

I stared at him while he puts down his luggage on the floor. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing.

He raised his arms at my direction as if waiting for something.

"Aren't you going to give me a hug? Or you're too old for that, Wis?" he asked with the same old crooked smile I always love.

My feet suddenly just took off without me realizing it. I ran to him and literally jump into his arms.

I raked my arms into his shirt, searching for the same warmth that I felt when I was younger. His scent was still the same, soap and smoke.

He was taken back by my strong embrace.

"Slow there, kiddo. I am not going to vanish." he chuckled

"Amos..." I whispered softly.

"I miss your voice so much, Wis"

I felt so guilty hearing that. I hurt Amos the most with my silence.

""Sorry..."

"Don't be. I knew you would come back to us."

"Amos?"

"Hmmm?"

"Nothing." I held tighter.

He patted my head as if to assure me that everything would be and always be okay. Tears were about to water my eyes but I held it in. I don't want to ruin this moment.

"What's all the racket that I been hearing downstairs? Don't tell me you're killing each other now." Aling Cecilia irritably spoke as she goes down the stairs.