Chapter 2: The Broken Silence

Corinth's POV

Three days has passed since I carried this unknown creature into our cabin.

I tried to hide him but no use. By the next day, aling Cecilia was furious with me by hiding a fainted boy in my room.

When I was explaining to her how I found the guy by typing in my phone, she just dismissed my explanations.

She happily mistook him as my secret boyfriend or something.

As if I could seriously have one for heaven's sake! Who wants a mute girlfriend after all?

Putting that thought aside, I and Aling Cecilia tend to the boy's needs hurriedly.

He had acquired a very high fever the night I found him.

I already wanted to call a doctor but Aling Cecilia rejected that choice.

She said, "bunso, one thing good about Bisayas is that we know how to take care of our patients."

I just couldn't argue with her.

The fever had gone down after we fed him some bizarre organic concoction that my caretaker made.

Tonight, I was the one assigned to look after him.

He was resting in the guest room. I sat beside his bed by dragging a wooden chair near it.

He looked much better than two days ago.

He was no longer drenched in cold sweat, his breathing wasn't labored anymore and his expression more peaceful.

Cool air filled the room from the windows. My feet started to get cold so I took a blanket from the nearby antique cabinet.

I raised both of my feet in the chair and covered myself with a blanket. It felt very comfortable.

I glanced at the rise and fall of his chest.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Inhale.

Exhale.

He looks a bit older than me, maybe a few years or so. He had this very mature and scary aura emitting from him the first time we met.

Before long, I caught myself staring again at his long eyelashes.

Then the events from that night came rushing into my head.

It was the first time I saw such ethereal eyes. The moment that his gaze fell on me, took my breathe away and left me so mesmerized.

It was like watching the sky burning too much in fire, so terrifying yet captivating.

I wanted to touch his eyes....

What the heck am I saying?

I shook the crazy idea out of my thoughts.

There's no way I am doing such thing! That would be so improper and rude.

I bit my lips to distract myself.

No matter how curious I can get, I shouldn't touch a stranger's face.

Not even if he was sleeping so deep and peacefully that he won't even notice such quick touch.

Yes, he won't feel a thing.

He won't notice and it would be really quick. So fast that he won't notice anything.

I moved my right hand very slowly to his face. I avoided to touch anything but his eyes.