Chapter 1 - Her Diary.

January first was a new year that Paris would never forget. It was imprinted in the brains of every citizen. It would go down in history as the biggest day in French History. January first was the day Paris' superhero, Ladybug, was defeated, once and for all.

For Adrien, it was the one day that never left his thoughts. Even now, 7 years later, at 22 years old he still found himself trying to remember the good things about her. She was his best friend, his first and only love, the one person he could consider family. And just like that, she was taken from him. In a heartbeat.

When he went back to school January sixth the entire school found out their classmate Marinette Dupain-Cheng died in an accident while visiting family in China for Christmas. And just like that, not only was his love gone, but one of his best friends.

Her funeral was the day after the memorial for Ladybug/celebration for Hawkmoth being locked up. Adrien went to both and Chat Noir made an appearance at Ladybug's memorial. The entire city appeared. Even though Adrien went to both he felt like he wasn't mentally there. He felt outside his body. And that feeling continued until today.

Adrien stared out the window of the apartment he shared with Nino, watching the rain roll down the window pane. His days were spent going to the occasional photoshoot and business meeting dinners with his father, and cleaning up the house whilst Nino was spending his days in college classes.

"Here," Nino said gently, handing Adrien an antidepressant and a glass of water. "Bottoms up."

Adrien sighed, taking the pill from Nino and the glass of water. He set the pill on his tongue and then washed it down with the water. He gave the glass back to Nino, who in return clapped Adrien's shoulder gently. Nino was basically his caretaker, not just his roommate. If it weren't for Nino, Adrien would probably never eat or leave the house.

"Another day, another pill..." Adrien sighed, tracing his finger along the fogged up window. Nino put the bottle of pills back into the cupboard.

"The therapist said you'd be able to stop them if you show improvement in your next session." Nino said, walking over to Adrien with his arms crossed over his chest. Adrien turned his head slowly to look at his friend.

"She said that 4 sessions ago." He said dryly, letting his head rest against the wall.

"And after every session she sounded more optimistic." He smiled. Adrien sighed again.

"Face it, Nino. I don't need pills. I need answers..." he mumbled. Nino pursed his lips.

"About what happened to Ladybug?" He asked.

"Yes... but also what happened to Marinette. Her family left right after the funeral. I didn't even get to say goodbye." He frowned.

"I think you need to stop thinking about it. That happened years ago, Adrien. Even Alya's moved on by now." Nino said, sitting next to Adrien on the bay-window seat.

"But this isn't about moving on, Nino. Its about my questions getting answered." He fired back. Adrien stood up and walked over to the door, slipping his shoes on.

"Where are you going?"

"Out."

Adrien closed the door behind him, stuffing his hands in his hoody pockets. He left the apartment complex and wandered around the sodden streets of Paris. The dark and gloomy day reflected how he felt everyday. His depression worsened over the years and he wasn't proud to admit it, but the scars on his arm were proof of this being true.

Adrien was sad. He was sad he never got to say goodbye. He was sad Ladybug never got to see the outcome of their hard work. He was sad Marinette and Ladybug never even got a chance at life.