5- Starla and Owen's house

"No, Mom doesn't want to tell them. Dad thinks they have the right to know. They keep arguing about it. I just want them to get along." Owen said.

"The twins?" I asked.

"Our mom was raped by our uncle, his brother. Mom got pregnant after that and gave birth to twins. They're our half-sisters. They're names are Violet and Jessica." Starla explained.

"Wait so they don't know that their step-dad killed their dad?" I asked in shock.

"Yeah." Starla said with a sigh.

"Ok.....just......wow." I stampeded at a loss for words.

"I know." Owen said.

"Well, I'm telling them. I don't need mom and dad's permission to talk to my sisters." Justin said.

"Mom'll be pissed." Loxin said.

"Whatever, it's not the first time he'll be mad at me." Justin said.

"What's your mom like?" I asked curious.

"He's well, he's pretty strong willed and independent." Owen said.

"Stubborn?" I asked at his hesitation.

"Like you wouldn't believe." Starla confirmed.

I giggled. "Well good luck with defying him."

"Thanks, I'm going to need it." Justin said.

The waitress came back with our drinks. She then took our orders. We settled into smaller groups of conversations.

"So what's school like?" I asked.

"I actually don't know. Here in Rodney there is no public school. Everyone has to be homeschooled. So everyone has different school experiences depending on their parents." Starla explained.

"Interesting, so I probably won't end up catching up to everyone else. Well, I'll find some way to make a living." I said, with every intention to do so.

"I don't even have a job, I'm just a stay at home mom. I got pregnant when I was a teen with the twins. I stopped learning from mom to take care of them." Starla told me.

"I want to do something with my life. I know that some people would be happy with that but, I'm not. I want to actually have a job." I explained.

"Good luck with that. I hope you do manage to get a job." Starla told me with a smile.

"Thanks. I hope your kids don't have this problem." I told her.

"Me too." She said.

The waitress came back with our food and we stopped talking. After we finished eating I was pretty tired and just wanted to go back to Justin's.

"I'll drop her off at your house tomorrow at 8am. You'll be awake right?" Justin asked Owen.

"We have two four year olds, of course we'll be up." Starla said.

"Okay see you then." Justin said and got up to leave.

"Bye." I told them and followed him.

On the way home I was too tired to talk and Justin seemed to notice that. After we got home I went over to my mattress. I fell asleep the second my body hit the mattress.

I woke up to shaking. I opened my eyes to see Justin shaking me. I sat up and he stopped.

"Breakfast is ready." He told me and walked over to the kitchen table. I got up and went to the table.

"After you're done eating you can change in my bedroom while I get ready for work." Justin told me.

"Okay." I said and started eating.

After I finished eating and got changed I waited on the love seat. After a few minutes we got in the car. He drove into a driveway. We both got out and walked to the door.

Justin rang the doorbell and two small children opened the door. They looked identical.

"Uncle Justin!" One of them said and they both hugged Justin.

"Hey Yandel and Jair, where are your mom and dad?" Justin asked.

"Dad's at work, and mom is cleaning the kitchen." The same one spoke.

"Can you go get her?" Justin asked.

"Sure. Race you there Jair." The same one said and ran off with his brother chasing him.

"Jair is a mute but Yandel can tell what he's thinking." Justin told me.

"Okay." I said surprised.

"Hey guys." Starla said walking to the door.

"Well, I'm going to leave Mel and go to work. Love you." Justin told Starla and left.

"Come on in Melody." Starla told me. She closed the door behind me.

"Who is she mama?" Yandel asked. Jair was standing next to him with a curious expression.

"I'm Melody. Nice to meet you." I told them.

"She'll be spending time with us most days from now on." Starla told her sons.

"I'm Yandel and this is my twin Jair. I talk for him." Yandel said with a sweet smile.

"Nice to meet you two." I told them.

"Do you want to play tag with us?" Yandel asked.

"Sure." I responded.

"You're it, count to ten!" He said and the twins ran off in different directions. After counting to ten we played tag for a while.

When it was time for lunch we had chicken. The boys inhaled their food. I ate my food at a normal pace. Yandel kept telling me to hurry up so we could play.

After I finished eating they showed me the room their shared. We then play hide and seek in their room. I was really good at hiding so, I only had to seek a few times.

Then Justin picked me up and I went back to our place. I read books while he worked on something for work. After dinner I read for a bit then, went to sleep.