I Love You [T.H.]

I think that commitment is a beautiful thing. I consider it the building block of a relationship. It symbolises how much you love the person, that you love them enough to be there for them every step of the way.

  I honestly think that commitment is given away when you truly say 'I love you' to the most important person in your life. But I have always been terrified of commitment. I was scared to be bound to the wrong person for the rest of my life.

●°●°●°●°

  We lay in bed in Tom's trailer, his arm wrapped around me and my head resting on his chest. The room was silent, apart from the soft noises of people talking coming from the television screen.

"Why do you like me?" I broke the silence.

Tom just stared at me confused.

"I mean, there are so many beautiful and talented women out there. Why settle with me?" I pondered out loud.

Tom shook his head.

"Look darling," he began.

"I went for you because you're the only woman I find beautiful. Yeah sure there are many great looking women out there, but your beauty goes deep within. I love your kind and loving heart. I love your weird hobbies. I love how you crinkle your nose when it gets cold. I love how you cook meals for me everytime. I love how you shower me with kisses and kindness whenever I'm stressed.

You know what, after I've said all that, I think I love you Y/N. I know it's a big step for me and you, but I love you. I know that you may think it's a rash decision, but I've never been with someone who made me feel like a new person. A new and improved person. No one but you were able to do that."

Tears started to form in my eyes. I was in shock from what Tom had just said.

"I hope you feel the same way, I would feel like and idiot if you didn't. I just really do and-" I cut him off by placing a kiss on his lips.

"I love you too," the words rolled right off my tongue.

We both grinned like idiots. Completely forgetting about the world around us.

For the first time ever, I wasn't terrified of commitment. For the first time, I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.