The call out

A few nights had gone by since the race, and Tomboy' s crew was getting ready for another race tonight. Jackson was the oldest of the group, and the largest built, the other brothers and more so his sister's had to look up to him, literally. Jackson was outside putting all the gear in the truck as Emma walked down the front porch steps towards him.
           Emma was the youngest of the group, all of 100 pounds soaking wet, with brown hair to the middle of her back that she always kept in a braid. She walked around the side of the truck open8ng the back door and put her laptop case on the floor. She was always nervous about races, she was the one who worried the most about every one like a mom. The rest of the group came down the front porch stairs, Nick carrying Beth on his back, Lucy playing some rock music from her cell phone adding to the excitement everyone felt. Ben carrying his tool bag, he was the mechanic mostly, he knew how to make any car run.
                  Tomboy walked out if the house, holding her helmet under her arm, her gloves in her teeth, almost dragging her race jacket on the ground beside her as she made her way to the truck. "You alright Tomboy?" Jackson asked as he climbed into the driver seat of his truck cranking the engine. Tomboy looked up from the toes of her boots and smiled walking around the front of the truck. As she climbed in she pulled her jacket on and zipped it up before she put her seat belt on, adjusting the collar around her neck.  She looked over to her brother,"yeah I'm good, ready to make more money tonight!" She said cheerfully. Jackson just chuckled and shook his head as everyone else climbed inside the truck, which was full of excitement, anxiety, and worry from everyone.
                 The track was a few hours away, the music was so loud but everyone in the truck singing along was louder. They all laughed as Jackson belted out to a three days grace song, and everyone chimed in. It was like this before every race, but as the lights from the track shone in the distance it was time to be serious. Jackson pulled the truck and trailer over near some trees and brush where it was really dark, looking around to make sure no one was coming. Ash was given the nod to which she pulled the helmet from her lap and over her head, Jackson leaning over to help her strap it under her chin. Ash lowered the shield and Jackson made sure it was secure, patting her on the side of the head. Jackson looked around still not seeing anyone he pulled off the side of the road and headed for the track.
               A few minutes and they were pulling in behind a bunch of cars, towing the trailer behind them. Cars were racing down the track for practice, people were shouting and cheering, drinking, talking, hugging their friends until they saw TomBoy's truck and crew. Everyone they past stopped and stared whispering to one another as Tomboy just looked down to her hands in her lap. With a deep breath she pulled her gloves on, Jackson pulling the truck to a stop, the others looking out the windows.
               As everyone climbed from the truck, Jackson walked around to TomBoy's side to help her out of the truck. But as she stepped down adjusting her pants Emma came running around with a look of concern on her face. She gripped TomBoy's arm and pulled looking from her sister to Jackson. "What's wrong with you?" Jackson question closing TomBoy's door. "You're not gonna believe it but I just some the 405 guys!" She whispered with a hint fear. Tomboy looked up to her sister then over to her brother, he didn't need to see her face to know what she was thinking. "Take it easy, if they came to see you race then we will give them a race. If they came to race you, then we will beat them like we do everyone else." Tomboy leaned her head to the side and folded her arms over her chest, thankfully her suit was big and baggy so no one could tell she was a girl. Jackson rolled his eyes and went to get the things from the backseat ignoring his sister's worry.
               "Could you imagine racing and beating the 405?" Emma bounced gripping her sisters suit. Tomboy looked over to her sister and shook her head. Tomboy pulled her arm from her sister and went to help get her car from her trailer