A GHOST OF A FRIEND

16 year old Ponyboy Curtis got a letter from his best friend 14 year old Johnny Cade who is now in foster care and away from his friends and from Tulsa Oklahoma Pony knew how much that he missed Johnny. Pony read the letter and he could see Johnny's face and hear his sweet and quite voice the letter read this way  Dear: Ponyboy I miss you guys so much I miss Dally. how is Dally? I don't know yet but the state is talking about letting me come back to you guys and back to Tulsa but I don't know yet but I hope and pray everyday that they do. and I than that I can live you and Soda and Darry. but for right now I am stuck here in foster care and I hate it. but the family that I am staying with is so nice. they are the Waltons they are so nice to me but I miss you guys and Tulsa and want to come back. and I am going to come back to you guys and to Tulsa please tell dally to look at a sunset with you and pray that I can come back very soon please think of me. your buddy Johnny. Ponyboy laid the letter down with tears in his eyes. he asked his brother Darry if the state was letting Johnny come back today and Darry told Pony that he didn't know that he was waiting on a phone call from the state saying yes or no. the phone call came and Darry called Pony to tell him what the state said. Pony asked if it was good news or bad news? and Darry said that it was great news he said that the state said yes that Johnny could come back. but Johnny will have to live with them. and Pony knew that Johnny would love it so much. Darry went to pick up Johnny at the dx gas station. Pony waited for them to come back. Darry came back with Johnny. Johnny got out of Darry's truck and ran to Pony and hugged him and cried. Johnny was very happy to be back home and back with his friends and back in Tulsa and he was going to stay there for a long time. their best friend Bri came to stay with them for awhile and she was so happy to see them Johnny was really glad to be home for good and out of foster care where he wasn't treated good at all. he only found two families that really loved him but it wasn't his home but he was home to stay.