23

Ethan's POV**

"Babe I'm going to get some snacks take Carter..." Summer said handing me sleepy Carter. "I'm sorry buddy this had to happen to you at such a young age, when I found out who did this don't worry I'll take care of them..." I said to him. I felt horrible for him I mean I feel like it's all my fault but I heard the person who did it is also in this hospital so I'll find them one way or another... hopefully. The door opened and I thought it was Summer so I didn't think much of it. "E-Ethan..." a girl said my name, wait don't tell me! "What the hell do you want?!" I said and put Carter in his bed. "You may hate me after I tell you and I understand but let me explain, I umm..." Meredith paused and looked down at the ground and started playing with her fingers. "Spit it out!" I snapped. "I uhh- I was the one... who umm crashed... your car..." Meredith said and I couldn't believe it is all her fault. I drug her out of the room so I wouldn't wake up the kids. "WHY?! MEREDITH YOU ALMOST JUST KILLED MY SON!" I yelled. "I-I know but I thought you were Summer..." Meredith said which made me more angry. "HOW FUCKED UP ARE YOU?! ALL OF US COULD OF BEEN IN THE CAR NOT JUST SUMMER SHE COULD HAVE HAD ALL THE KIDS! STOP BEING SO FUCKING SELFISH FOR ONCE AND THINK!!! THIS HASN'T BEEN THE FIRST TIME YOU HURT THIS FAMILY YOU GOT HER SISTER RAPED AND PREGNANT NOW YOU ALMOST KILLED ME AND CARTER IN A PURPOSE CAR WRECK!" I yelled that's when I heard Summer say something. "YOU... DID... WHAT?!?" She screamed in Meredith's face making her flinch and move backwards. "Look I'm sorry but I'm just mad and frustrated I wanted both of your trust back-" I cut her off. "By getting Autumn raped and almost kill me and Carter?" I snapped. "I'm sorry but I tried talking to you guys normally and nicely before I did this!" Meredith said and I pulled Summer closer to me and we almost walked back into the room until Meredith said something. "Why can't you trust me anymore?!" and Summer turned around and said "Because you almost killed my family..." she said quietly and calm then we walked back into the room. Summer started crying knowing what Meredith is causing and doing to this family but I just hugged her then we heard Carter cry. "Hey buddy what's wrong?" I said calmly. "I... hurt daddy!!" Carter almost screamed. "I know buddy, don't worry you'll be better soon I promise." Summer said kissing his head. "IT HURTS MOMMA!" Carter cried which made us both tear up. "I know." Summer crawled in the bed and cuddled him and kissed his head rocking him back and forth. "I know..." she said quietly.