Chapter 4: An Arrangement

•Akashi Seijuro•

I didn't really have a choice. Being on the student council meant that I had to take in others priorities too which meant helping when I could. It was a pain sometimes. But my decision was because my father had arranged a marriage between his company and an American one and he has instructed me to spend time with my future wife, Yukiko Anderson or as she was known here, Mikami Yukiko the daughter of an important and powerful business man. As I look at her now she was better than I expected and what impressed me was the fact she didn't flinch when interrupting my earlier conversation with her rule-breaking friend.

I don't care about the arrangement, it was so my father could be even more successful and since I'm going to inherit that business I might as well help out.

Lunch came around and I waited for her by the door. She looked at me cautiously. I ignored the look and started walk towards the cafeteria. She followed me in silence.

"This is the cafeteria. Get your lunch and meet me back here, I will show you the rest of the school." I said in my usual tone and walked off. Out of the corner of my eye I could see her staring at me. What a weird girl...

When she returned to our meeting place I immediately headed for the next spot on our tour. The science lab. Neither of us spoke on the way there but I could see she was nervous. It was probably the stares she received from the other students that were in the area, why they would stare at her I have no idea. She wasn't exactly pretty she was average actually and nothing about her seemed to stand out. Well not when you look at her. I remember feeling slightly impressed when she had the nerve to interrupt my conversation. I showed her the lab then we moved on through all the necessities before heading to the library.

"Hey, um Akashi-kun, how did you know my name?"

I didn't stop walking but I turned my head slightly to face her, "Do you not know? Our fathers have made an arrangement." I was surprised. Did she really not know about the marriage?

The look of horror on her face confirmed my suspicions but before she could question me we had arrived in front of the glass doors of Rakuzan's library.

I gestured to it vaguely, completely ignoring the look she gave me, "The library, it-" I was cut off by someone's obnoxious yelling. "Sei-chan! Sei-chan!" I turned and saw Kotarou Hayama running towards me. Running...in the hallways...

"Walk next time." I said coldly, "What is it?"

Kotarou had was gasping for breath, "Sei-chan, coach wants to see you and he got mad because you weren't at training this lunch break and he said he'd make us run laps if we didn't find you." Kotarou managed to finish.

"I have to make sure Yukiko knows her way around the school." I replied quietly. Kotarou's eyes widened, "Yukiko? Like Mikami Yukiko?"

I nodded, a little annoyed.

"What?! How do you know about my name and what's the arrangement you were talking about?!" Mikami yelled suddenly, the shy person who was following me quietly was gone.

"Congratulations! I can't believe it, ha! I have to tell the others I met you. But I kinda feel sorry for you, you'll probably be hated by the girls for a while but it's okay, you can hang out with us!" Kotarou cheered.

"No, wait slow down! What is happening...?" Mikami looked at both Kotarou and myself with confusion all over her face.

Kotarou's face fell, "You didn't even know?!" He looked horrified. "Sei-chan didn't you tell her, wait didn't her parents even tell her?!"

"Tell me what?!" The auburn haired girl shrieked earning quite a few stares from the passers-by.

I sighed, ignoring my teammate I turned to fully face the near-hysterical girl, "We're getting married." I said calmly.