The Rat

The only notable thing that happened the rest of the year was when Buckbeak a hyppogriff, slashed Draco across the arm. The cut didn't look that bad, but he had most likely never been injured like that before. When it happened I winced and against my better judgment went to help him. Maybe because I knew how painful it was.

"Owww my arm!" Malfoy moaned. Before he could protest, I ripped off the sleeve of his robe.

"Oi Barton-" I ignored him and tore the sleeve into two bandages.

"Hold still," I snapped. I dressed his arm, then slung his healthy arm over my shoulder.

"I will take him to the hospital wing Hagrid." He nodded mutually and dismissed class. The whole class looked at us strangely while I practically carried Malfoy to the hospital wing. Once we got to the hospital wing Draco forced a glare.

"Don't think this means we are friends Barton."

"Wouldn't dream of it." I turned around and left.

The next night I woke up because of Ron's scream. I threw on a coat as quickly as possible and ran up to his dorm with the other students.

"Ron, what happened?" I questioned after I shoved my way to the front of the students.

"Black... He was right here! He had a knife and he was leaning over me." Teachers started to arrive and listen to the story. My blood boiled. Sirius Black was trying to kill Harry and now tried to kill Ron. I wasn't going to let anymore of my friends die.

"Everyone go down to the Great Hall. You will be sleeping there until we make sure this dorm is safe." Grandmother ordered. As we walked to the Great Hall, most of the students flooded Ron asking him what had happened. He seemed to be enjoying the fame. The knife got longer each time he told the story. I looked for Lavender and Jasmine, but just as expected they were peppering Ron with questions and gathering all the gossip. I did a slight double take. How was Jazz's hair so near? She just woke up!

Inside the Great Hall were two squares made of sleeping bags. One was for the boy's and one was for the girls. Harry and Ron chose a sleeping bag as close as they could to the girls side and Hermione chose one as close as she could to the boys side. As it turned out The Trio ended up only a foot away from eachother another and whispered away.

I chose a sleeping bag right next to Hermione. I got inside my sleeping bag and froze. What if I had a nightmare tonight? What if I woke up more people than Hermione? The Perfects turned out the lights and told everyone to go to sleep. I tried to stay awake. I really did, but before I knew it I was dreaming. Not the kinds of dreams I wanted either. The night terrors came.

When I woke I noticed Hermione had shoved a pillow over my mouth. I pushed the pillow off and sat up slowly. I looked around and noticed that Harry and Ron were awake too. There eyes were.wide with shock and worry. I took a deep breath.

"Thanks Hermione. It would have been mortifying if I had woke anyone else up." She nodded.

"It was not a problem, but Kendra you need to talk to someone about this eventually." I ignored her and rolled over.

I barely talked to anyone for the rest of the year. It was getting too hard. Besides exams were this week and I needed to study. I wasn't sleeping very well, so I didn't do as well on the exams as I could have. Well I did okay in DADA, but that was because I was used to fighting tired. I knew I did well enough to pass.

The night of the day after the last exam, I went to the Whooping Willow to replenish Yet-To-Be-Named's food. I trudged out to the tree and jumped into it. I did not expect five people to already be there.

I looked around and saw Hermione and Harry crouched by Ron, who looked like he had a broken leg. Standing by a man I had never seen was Professor Lupin. It only took me a second to realize that the man standing next to Professor Lupin was Sirius Black.

"Kendra!" Everyone yelled in shock. I balled my hands and turned to Sirius Black.

"Harry, who is that?" I asked a little to calmly. Harry clenched his fists.

"Sirius Black. The man who killed his best friend and sold out my parents," Harry hissed. I marched across the room, ignoring Hermione who told me he was dangerous. I was dangerous too and he should have thought of that before he threatened two of my friends.

I stood right infront of him and socked him in the jaw. Punched him again and again. When I punched him, I punched him for every person I couldn't save. I faintly heard Hermione yelling for me to stop. I didn't.

"Kendra Coulson is dead!" I froze. How did she know That? What did I saw when I had nightmares that woke her up.

"Beating Black to death won't bring him back." I looked down at Sirius Black. I didn't realize how much damage I had done. I looked at my hands and saw how much blood was on them. I stepped back, I noticed a few tears had fallen down my cheeks. I used the edge of my shirt to wipe off the blood on my hands and the few stray tears on my face.

"Sorry," I muttered. I looked around and saw the shcocked look on Lupin's face. Ron looked a little scared and Harry looked kind of ok with what I did.

"I should go." I turned around and ran back to the castle.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^;^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey Everyone, thank you for all your support on this story

Forever and Always

Me.