Chapter 2

The girl that had talked into the mike pressed a button near the glass. I turned when I heard the sound of doors opening, and sure enough two white doors swung open reveling a long hallway. I glanced back up at the people sitting behind the glass still staring at me with there blank faces before heading into the corridor.

As soon as I took the first few steps past the light the doors swung closed leaving me in a murky hallway. Its ceiling was made of concrete as well as all the other walls and an ocational dim light bulb hung from the ceiling. The hallway reaked of copper, and I hoped to god that it wasn't because of blood. I slowly took steps forward making a turn every here and there before I reached a door.

This door was white and had the words "Control room." labeled on it in big bold red letters.

As I was about to push on the door it swung open (almost hitting me in the face) revealing the girl that had talked in the microphone and pushed the button to let me out of "The light".

"Brady Williams" she said sticking her hand out for me to shake.

I took it saying, "Seth Baker."

"I know" she said pulling her hand away from me and writing something down on her clipboard I hadn't realized she was holding.

"You know, if you had so much money to make 'The light room'" I put hand quotations around the light room " then you should have enough money to make at least a nicer looking hallway." I said crossing my hands over my chest.

"The hallway was there on purpose, it was suppose to make you doubt coming all the way here." Brady said, gesturing around herself and the few others sitting behind her in white swivel chairs. "But it obviously didn't work on you." She sighed. I raised an eyebrow at her. "sit down."

I walked past her into the control room and sat down in a white leather armchair. "So, do you guys have something against other colors?" I asked with a smile at the people sitting in the swivel chairs. Instead of answering my question they began to intensely write things down on there clipboards taking an occasional glance at me. "Ok." I said dragging out the word.

I took this time to really take in my surroundings. I started with people. The boy sitting closest to me in a swivel chair looked a few years older than me, maybe 2 or 3 he wore a white lab coat and dorky Harry-potter-glasses that he constantly had to push back up to the top of his nose. his head was covered in a mass of curly brown hair that really beaded to be trimmed. Next to him was a girl maybe 5 or 6 years older than me she looked in her early twenties with straight brown hair that was pulled back in a pony tail and lips that looked as though they where constantly scowling with the same lab coat as curly boy. And still standing in the doorway was Brady she had blond hair that fell to around to her shoulders and the same lab coat as Scowl and Curly Boy.

"I assume you have a lot of questions. And I will answer as many as I can but right now I will ask you the questions and you will answer truthfully. do you understand?" Brady asked walking over to stand in from of me a serous expression plastered across her face.

I nodded and she began.

"Is your name Seth baker?" she asked. So they where those kinds of questions.

"Yes" I replied rolling my eyes.

"Did you live in New York, New York in the U.S.A?"

"No." I replied, Brady's face fell. "I still live there, New York will always be my home." I continued. Brady let out a breath before scribbling something down on her clip board and continuing.

"Do you have 3 sisters and 1 brother whose names are," she paused flipping a few papers over, "Jake, Courtney, Emma, and Rosily?"

"Yes." Brady blew a piece of hair out of her eyes before looking at me.

"All done, now question time." She sat down beside me on the couch and I moved over to make room for her.

"Where am I?"

"The control room."

"No, where is this whole thing?" I said gesturing around everywhere.

"No idea."

"How did I get here?"

"You where chosen." she replied smoothly.

"What's a keeper?"

"I am not the person to tell you."

"Are you a keeper?"

She chuckled "nope"

"What was the point of that?" I asked pointing at the light room from the window.

"It throws variables at you and tests your response. once you realize it's a test, it stops." She shrugs" But it was different for you, you realized what it was before it was able to throw many variables at you. Most people take up to 2 hours trying to figure what is going on inside there. It took you 10 minutes 3.2763 seconds. The new record in the Sparve.

"What's the Sparve?"

"It's what we call this place."

"What's the point of this whole place, or Sparve?"

"We believe to be sorta like Guardian Angels, we make the world keep spinning." She looked at me oddly "you seem fairly calm about all of this, most people would be screaming or crying by now, begging to go home."

"Guess I'm not like most people." I said smirking at her.

"Come on let's go. I'll show you to your sleeping quarters." Brady said standing up and heading towards a blank wall on the other side of the room. I stood and went to stand beside her. She pressed her hand against the wall and a ding rang through the room. the walls pulled apart to reveal some sort of elevator thing.

She walked in and I followed behind her in awe. What a day it's been for me .

A/N

Hello!

Hope you like it!!

Thanks for reading

L