M y C h i l d i s h M a s k

My childish mask, they learned to despise,

But little do they know, what goes on behind my big blue-green eyes.

I can actually be quite wise,

I can be realistic and draw logical ties,

My childish mask does nothing but hide me and have you believe it's childish lies.

My childish mask is one of a kind,

Hiding my mind,

If I were to take it off, you wouldn't believe what you would find.

I'm the same as the mask, but not at all at the same time,

Sometimes even I wonder how I filter my thoughts so effortlessly, or how they're even mine,

My childish mask is not to be taken off, it would not be good if I let my mind shine.

My childish mask hides my true fears,

Always holds my daydreams near,

Holding onto them dear,

If others were to see them they'd think, "Oh, her daydreams are quite mere,

Out of all things I was expecting, it wasn't that, that I thought I was going to hear,

Why does she dare to continue hoping that they all will just come true and appear?"

My childish mask makes them think the chances of me being logical are sheer,

Someone please stop the prejudice and their unreasonable "reasoning" to glare or leer,

If anything for their judging they should be the ones getting questioned if their logic was ever even here.

Am I the only one who can see beyond most of the masks, see most of their minds that are always hidden behind their masks, completely clear?

Hi guys,

"WAIT, WHAT? SHE'S ALIVE? AND ACTUALLY POSTING SOMETHING?"

Yep, somehow. I just procrastinated getting ready for dance by writing this (*nervously laughs* whoops), so hopefully you liked it.

Although it's quite clear, I'm going to explain what this is about really quickly for anyone who kind of gets it but not fully. (Because I'm not the best at getting points across with them making full sense)

Basically, we all hide behind masks, no matter if we realize it or not. While you have the same opinions on things behind the mask or not (unless you lie about them through your mask), you usually are still a lot different on the inside somehow. So with that, we tend to usually hide some of our hopes, dreams, and fears deep inside and don't share all of our opinions because we don't know how to word it the way we want it or because we don't want to get laughed at or judged for any of it. So then we may be taken/seen for what we show, and in my case it's childishness. Although yes, I am really childish, most people don't notice the difference between being childish, and not being logical/having common sense or being uninformed upon topics or things that everyone else of the same age as myself  knows.  They also sometimes assume that because I don't know something about a certain topic, I don't know anything about another topic, so it's better if we leave me out of that discussion so that I "stay uninformed and my childish self." I kind of went off topic there... but anyways, it shows how I feel towards the mask and how I like it but I don't and how I feel other people would react to behind the mask because lots of people already don't like me with the mask on from what I can tell.

Okay, I'm done with that rant/explanation type thing that got way off topic too many times. So, I really wish I could say that I am going to post more, but clearly that isn't happening right now and sadly, with school starting for me in five days I doubt it'll happen anytime soon. I'll try to remind myself in my free time to try and come up with something to post, just try not to expect anything because I don't want to disappoint any of you. (I doubt any of you care if I post or not anyways.)

I make these author notes way too long and I doubt anyone reads them, if you still are, then, Thank you for reading my poem and me rambling about things that aren't on topic.

Anyways,

Love you guys, Bye!

-Rocker