The hero of the dark dimension (preview chapter 2)

Chapter 2

the new side of tom

The next day, Tom was still super tired... All he told me was "I am super, SUPER tired... Can we miss soccer today again? "He asked me.

I suddenly asked about what i saw last night, "What have you been doing last night? With the beams of light shooting out of your window? What was all of that?!"

He looked shock that i knew about that. "Uhh, that-that was nothing..."He replied with a nervous smile. "You shouldn't worry about that!"

I walked home thinking he was obviously up to something! So i waited till night... I brought a small stool along with me to his house! I put the stool down and stood on it looking at what he was doing... It was, building? I continued watching him build... Until he saw me! I rang the doorbell. He answered and shouted, "What are you doing here in the middle of the night!?"

"Sorry man, i was too curious!" I replied.

"Well since you know about this already come in!" He said as he brought me into his room..."This machine is a universe gateway! It will bring you to an infinite amount of universes! If this is in the wrong hands this can destroy the multiverse! Altho i still haven't tested this machine out! It might bring you to another universe or either annihilate you! That is why this is super dangerous!"

I had no clue how to respond... I didn't know Tom was this smart! All these years with him... I never saw this side of him! He opened a lever that brought us to a secret room in the house! It was filled with all his inventions on pillars! He put his universe gateway on pillar and told me to leave after that...

I was walking home still shocked! All my answers were solved! Altho him being super smart was unexpected! I couldn't sleep of how shocked i was! After an hour i fell asleep. I had a mysterious dream of traveling into the multiverse! Drifting through nothingness... And hitting something pitch black!

I suddenly woke up. I got ready for the next day. I put my cloths on and ate breakfast! I went to the park waiting for Tom to show up... It has been 1 hour now. I went to Tom's house and rang the doorbell. Nobody answered i got the key under their welcome mat and opened the door... "Hello? Tom where are you?" I shouted "You are going to miss soccer!

Nobody answered... I went to his secret lab. Nobody was there... The universe gateway was on the ground... Tom has went through...

I had to get ready and go find him! I took a bag filled with food, water, a sleeping bag and, my trusty flashlight! It's time to go!