CHAPTER 2

Chapter 2: I WANT IN

Cassandra woke up in the anticipation that something was going to happen, either it was the greatest thing or not so great. But, when little Candice walked in her room, her thoughts went away and the only thing she could see was her sister's sweet smile.

"Morning, Cassie."

"Hi, love." She walked to the closet, "Is Dad home?"

"No." Candice looked down, "I don't think he came home last night."

Cassie sighed loudly, pulling a black dress from her closet. While talking to her little sister about how school doing, she got dressed. Next thing she walked to the bathroom, being followed by Candice that seemed very excited about a boy in her class.

"Is he nice?"

"Very. He always sits next to me at lunch." She blushed, "I think I like him, Cassie."

"That's sweet, Candice." Cassandra smiled, "What's his name?"

"Ethan."

"That's good." The brunette chuckled, "Why don't you ask Mom if you can go play with him some time near the neighborhood?"

"Dad says I'm too young to play around with boys." Candice shrugged.

"I'll talk to him about it."

"When he comes to dinner tonight?" She looked hopeful, "Please."

"I'm on my way to go visit Dad so maybe now." Cassandra told her.

Candice smiled widely, and that made the brunette's day. They both walked downstairs, and sat down at the table, where their Mom was already eating her breakfeast.

"Where are you going all dressed up, Cassie?"

"South Side." She didn't look up, "To visit Dad."

"No!" Camila dropped her fork on the plate, scaring her daughters, "You'll not go there, you'll in fact stay away from that place."

"Mom –."

"Do not Mom me, Cassandra!" The woman looked her in the eye, "The South Side almost took your father from us, I'm not letting it do the same thing with you."

"I'm only going to see Dad, not move there." Cassie frowned, "I miss him."

"Why don't you wait your father comes home?"

"When exactly will that be, Mom?" She asked, not getting any answer, "I'm going."

"Cassandra –."

"Do not Cassandra me, Mom!" The brunette replied, "I know it must be hard to understand but I'm not the same little girl that left Riverdale four years ago."