Her Cursed Mate (Chapter 2)

Taking that as my queue, I leave the room, and head downstairs to sleep on the couch. I could have slept in my old room or the other available rooms in our house but the couch was uncomfortable and I knew Thaddeus would come down when he realises where I plan on sleeping.

I wait listening to his soft footsteps but they don't come down. I wait for a while until my eyes flicker to the clock stationed right above me. Four minutes since I left. I wonder how long I can keep this up for?

Seconds later, his footsteps echo down the stairs and Thaddeus's scent drives me crazy. "Annabel get up," he sounds exasperated. When I don't make a move, he picks me up himself and begins walking back upstairs. When we reach our room, the mess of letters and paper are still there but Thaddeus pays no mind to it as he dumps me onto the bed.

His lips are immediately on mine as his fingers run up my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him for all he's worth.

"You..." he mumbles against my lips. "Infuriate me so much."

I pull back. "Same goes for you."

He growls, yanking my top off. I grab his shirt and pull it up over his head. When it gets stuck, I yank at it even harder. With an annoyed groan, I tear it apart as Thaddeus watches me pleased.

"What?" I ask. He shakes his head before I grip his head and pull him down to meet my lips.

Slowly biting down on my lip, I open up as our tongues play for dominance. I moan into our make out as Thaddeus digs his fingers into my waist. It wasn't painful at all, actually I enjoy it. When I give up, Thaddeus smirks against my lips. Gripping his bottoms, I yank them down. Thaddeus helps me pull them down and off.

When they are gone, I lean up a bit to take a hold of his boxers. Suddenly his hands go to my wrists to stop me and I look up confused. Shaking his head again, he pushes me backwards and grabs the waist band of my pants. Slowly prying them off, I sigh impatient. I yank them off the rest of the way exposing my nakedness underneath. 

Thaddeus gazes down at my hairless vagina. Suddenly remembering my actions from earlier, I stare at his face uncertainly. It's tense for a moment before Thaddeus presses his lips just below my belly button. I continue to stare even when he glances up at me. His eyes are the usual, dark brown that looks nearly black. They hold no emotion.

"Thaddeus?" I ask in a small voice.

"This is different," he points out. Feeling self conscious, I lean up and away from him, slowly closing my legs.

"Annabel," he says gripping my legs. "I didn't mean it in a bad way."

"You sure?" I mumble pulling away from his reach. Nice way to kill the mood.

"Anna-"

"Forget it," I tell him. Looking away, I pick up my pants and hurry to put them on.

"Annabel!" Thaddeus grabs my waist turning me to face him. I stare anywhere but his face. Heaving a heavy sigh, he takes my chin in his hand and tilts upwards. "Annabel."

"This is embarrassing," I mumble.

"No it isn't," he rejects. "Look at me?"

I stare hard at the centre of his nose. It just made it easier looking there then his blank eyes.

"I'm not judging sweetheart," he explains. "It was a surprise and it caught me off guard."

"Remind me to never surprise you again," I mutter.

"Can I explain?"

"I doubt I'm going anywhere," I respond.

Thaddeus sighs. "I was just wondering if you did this for yourself or my sake."