Chapter 3

He looked at me and my heart skipped a beat. Well hoodie was definitely right he was cute. But don't get me wrong I still think he's a brat. Albeit a cute one. I scowled when slender pointed towards me and said I was his partner.

"Hi I'm masky" I plastered a fake smile on my face and held out my hand. He apparently thought he was too good for me and just started not taking my hand. This piece of shit!

"I'm Toby" he said quietly, he was already getting on my nerves. I can see why he was a loner before. "Toby make yourself at home" Jane said smiling before we all put our masks back on. It's a good thing I put it back one because right now if anyone saw my face they would I am ready to murder someone.

"See Masky he's not that bad" Hoodie said putting his arm around my shoulder "not bad? Not bad?!" I spoke then shouted. "Hoodie he looked at me like I was below him" I said exasperated.

EJ wrapped his arm around Hoodie and chuckled "you just might be-" before he could finish hoods elbowed him on the side "Masky he was wearing a mask around his mouth how do you know how he was looking at you?" I rolled my eyes.

"I could see it in his eyes Hoodie! They show pure evil" Hoodie sighed and removed his arm from my shoulder and looked at me with a serious expression.

"Masky"

"Yeah?"

"You're a murderer and you of all people called him pure evil?" Hoodie deadpanned

"He's a murderer too!"

"And that clarifies your point, how?" EJ asked

"Listen Masky you are being really childish right now!" Hoodie exclaimed "but hoods he's a lone creepy-pasta and has been ever since he was 14! How do you expect him to fit in?" I reasoned

"And that's where you come in" I turned around to see slender "Masky, I appointed him to you because you are one of the best proxies I have. I know you'll take care of him and show him our ways, our rules and most of all make him feel comfortable in an environment where he has not been"

"Yes sir" I sighed I guess I was being a bit dramatic.

A while later Masky, Hoodie and EJ headed in the direction of the living room and sat down of the same couch as Hoodie. "So Toby why'd you decide to join a group?" Hoodie asked "mostly because I wanted to see what was so different" he replied having a few tics here and there.

"As you know I'll be your mentor of some sort so, if you have any questions you can just ask. Oh and you'll be staying in my room-" just as Masky finished speaking Jane called them all for dinner.

After dinner was done, Masky being surprised with how much Toby loves waffles and how he eats it for almost all three meals, they all headed upstairs to their rooms.

Masky pov

"So far how is it?" I asked as we both settled in our separate beds. "It's really nice actually!" I gave a small smile and started talking about how we all came to be as a group starting with slender man finding both me and Hoodie.

We continued talking like this, him talking about his past and why he was a lone creepypasta for so long and himself.

The more he talked the more I realized I was wrong about him on a number of things. He definitely did not look down on me, he wasn't an antisocial guy in, fact he had quite the energetic and bubbly personality.

I kinda felt like a jerk for thinking so bad about him just because I didn't want to handle the responsibility. But! If he wasn't here that meant I wouldn't have this responsibility so it's his fault! I scowled 'he's still a brat' I thought.

"And that's all I can think about me" he chucked. he really has a cute laugh.

After some time we both fell asleep and at around 3 am I was woken by someone's hushed whimpers and screams.

"Stop...leave me alone!" I ran over to Toby's side and woke him up "Toby wake up! Tob-" his eyes sprung open and he had sheer panic on his face.

He latched on to my arm, tears spilling out of his eyes. My heart actually twisted at the sight of him "you wanna talk about it...?" He shook his head I was ready to pry his hands off mine but he nervously peered up at me and asked if I could sleep with him.

And Zalgo help me if that didn't look absolutely adorable!

Shut up Masky! He's having a nightmare and you think about how cute he looks! Great now I need to sleep with the guy because of his damn nightmares. I let out an annoyed sigh "fine" I lifted the covers and got in with him and he scooted closer to me and we fell asleep like that.

Ugh! What is that? I can hear hushed whispers and is that a camera?! I slowly open my eyes to see Hoodie and EJ "shit he woke up!" EJ whispered "what are you guys doing" I whispered so that Toby didn't wake up. Though I couldn't really care less if he got up because he's making my arm go numb.

"I can't believe you already made a move on him Masks" Hoodie chuckled quietly "wait what?" I looked down at Toby and I got what they meant.

"Wait no! It's not what you think he had a n-" but before I could finish they laughed and closed the door.

Well shit.