Chapter 3

The music was so loud that I could barely hear anything. Stacey and I had to yell at each other to communicate.

"I'll just go grab a drink, why don't you join the dance floor for a while"

She knows I dance weird. Weirder than Ally in the 'Austin & Ally' show.

"Go ahead. I'll just stay here"

She left and I was stuck here, looking at the people dancing so gracefully. Why can't I dance like that?

A tap on my shoulder snapped me back to reality. I turn around and I saw Zack.

"Skylar"

I just froze there.

"Skylar"

"Skylar"

"Skylar, WAKE UP!"

My eyes flew open and all I see is Tommy.

"It wasn't real" I mumbled to myself

"What on earth are you talking about?"

I sigh "nothing" convincing my 11 year-old annoying little brother.

He beams at me "mom ask me to wake you up." He heads for the door, put on a smug look and finish his sentence. "by the way, breakfast is ready."

When he left, I was able to breathe normally again.

"It was only just a dream" I really thought I saw him again.

When I stop thinking what had just happened. I glance at the clock and it was already past nine.

"Shit!" I curse in silence.

I totally forgot about the party. I promised Stacey that I'll help her with hair & make up and vise versa.

I grab my towel and headed for the shower.

--------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good morning, mother dear!" I greeted her as I walk down the stairs.

"Good morning sweetie, breakfast is ready"

I pull out a chair next to Tommy. I examine the food and settle for bacon and eggs. "mom, I'm going to a party with Stacey later"

She nods, swallows the food and replied "be home before 9"

"Yeah, mom" smiling, I look at my watch. Gosh! It was almost 10. "bye, mom" not forgetting to give her a goodbye kiss.

I walk out the front porch, closing the door silently. Stacey's house is just a few blocks away from mine. I'll just walk.

--------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ding dong

Ding dong

As I ring the doorbell, I keep humming the song 'feel this moment' by Christina Aguilera.

M mm mm mm mm mm

(I just wanna feel this moment)

Mmmmmmm mmmm

(Ohhh woah)

I'm already feeling the moment, when Mrs. Willows open the door

"Good morning, Skylar"

"Good morning Mrs. Willows. Is Stacey up in her room?"

She puts on a questionable look and says "isn't she at your house, getting ready for the party?" Stacey isn't at my place and she definitely wouldn't lie to me. I check my phone and there aren't any messages. I don't want to get Stacey in trouble, so I lied instead.