Chapter 5: The after party

I put this song for a reason which I'll explain later. Don't play it yet.

Sofia's pov
I woke up to my head aching.  I tried to get up but I feel something dragging me down as I attempted to lift myself up. I turn to the side and see Ethan. Memories of what happened last night are slowly coming back to me. But only two major things are replaying in my head, catching Jack cheating on me and me sleeping with one of his best friends. I don't know whats worse the fact that Jack cheated or me sleeping with Ethan. Come to think of it he cheated first but I still feel guilty. I don't want to wake him up so I slowly crawl under his arms and look for my clothes. After I quietly put my clothes and shoes on I grab my phone and proceed to slowly open the door.

Before I leave I turn back and quietly whisper
"I'm sorry Ethan." as I close his door. I walk down stairs making sure I don't wake anyone up and leave. I check my phone to look at the time. 8:30. Crap! I have work in three hours and theres a lot of traffic to get to the mall. I start running home but my legs are very sore because of last night.

I get to my house at exactly 9. I take a quick 15 minute shower to rinse my body. I change into a comfy crop top and some jean overalls along with a pair of Adidas shoes.

I didn't really feel like doing my makeup so I just applied some mascara and Victoria Secret lip gloss

I didn't really feel like doing my makeup so I just applied some mascara and Victoria Secret lip gloss. I grab my purse and my work ID and go into my moms room.  "Good morning mom" I say while bending down to hug her cause shes still in bed. My mom works late at night so I think that's why shes tired. "Hi Sof, how was the party? Did you have fun?" She asked while hugging be back. "It was okay." I say while slowly walking towards the door. "I gotta go to work mom bye love you" "Love you too be safe."  I grab my keys from the table and leave.

I start driving and turn on the radio.
Play song at 1:14
"I'll never put a man before myself again
You shoulda told me that you was uncertain
"This ain't what I wanted, this ain't working."
You was dead ass my baby, loved the shit out of you crazy
Shit is crazy how you could just turn around and try to play me
Boy, I know that we been going through some things
But just keep it real is all I'm saying

I was the one loving you
I was the one cuffing you
Call me when you need me
I was the one coming through
Why didn't you believe in us?
How come you just couldn't love?
It wasn't that you didn't care
You just wasn't good enough

How you gonna up and leave like that?
When I gave you all I had
I gave you the real me
Told you all my feelings
And you gonna turn around and front like you don't feel me
I put that on my life that I ain't see this coming
Opened up my heart I should've never let you come in
But I wish you well though
That's all I could tell you
Maybe in your next life you'll find everything you wanted "

This song is called How you gonna by Sydney Renae. I put the song above if you'd like to listen.

I start tearing up. Why do I relate to this song so much. I look into the mirror to see if I smudged any mascara, lucky I didn't.  I stop to get a drink from Starbucks because I have some extra time.  As I was walking inside to get my drink and see Cameron and he sees me too.

"Sofia over here" he whisper yells.

He was already in line so lucky me I didn't have to wait in  the long line. I walk over to him.
"Hey Cam thanks for saving me spot." I say jokingly.
"Haha sure no problem." Cameron says while letting out a small laugh.
I honestly hope he doesn't bring up Jack.

"So uhh Jack came by my house hella late last night smelling of alcohol and crying. He told me you guys broke up or something like that I couldn't really understand. I let him crash at my place last night. Is everything okay between the two of you?" Cameron looked at me with a concerned look on his face.

"We didn't break up. Look what happened was I thought he loved me and I go somewhere else at that stupid party and I go back to him only to see him fucking some other bitch like I didn't even exist. Do you have any idea how that feels? I honestly don't know if were together anymore."

"I'm so sorry Sofia I had no clue. Jack is honestly so stupid for doing that to you.  You don't deserve it."

If only he knew what I did.
We order our drinks. And Cameron pays and I thank him. We look around to see any available table until we find one and we go sit down.

We sat in silence for a while.

"So I'm guessing those hickeys aren't from Jack" Cameron says awkwardly.
Shit. I forgot to cover them up.

"Yeah. I'm so sorry please don't tell Jack. I was drunk last night and after seeing what he did to me I guess one thing led to another." I said with regret.
Cameron took out his phone and started texting someone for what seemed like forever before he finally started talking to me again.

"Okay I respect that. But can I at least ask who?" Cam said.
I didn't reply.
"Come on Sof. I won't tell Jack I promise you. I'm good at keeping stuff."

"I'm sorry Cam but I'm scared if I tell you you're not going to want to talk to me anymore."

"Sofia for crying out loud I'm not. Just please tell me who I'm get anxiety here." He said kinda loud but jokingly at the same time.

"Okay fine. Ethan"

"Sofia" I heard a voice call out. I knew that voice from anywhere.

---------------------------
Sorry to leave you guys on a cliffhanger.
I just have a lot of things to do right now sorry.
Anyways thanks for reading even tho no one is gonna read this😂

~bye loves❤️