Chapter 12

Clay P.O.V

Ryan wasn't able to drive me to school today so I had to take the bus to school again so I got to school a little bit earlier.

I decide to go see Carla before homeroom started. She was sitting at her desk grading some papers while eating a sandwich. 

"Hey, Carla."

"Wassup clay."

"Nothing much whatchu eating."

"Bacon egg and cheese with pickles and mustard." When she said that I literally felt like I would gag.

"That is disgusting". I said pulling up a chair and sitting next to her.

"It's actually really good. Wanna bite?" 

She put it up to my mouth and I decided, fuck it and I took a bite it wasn't that bad but it wasn't good either defiantly wasn't something I would eat in my spare time but her pregnancy craving was really taking control of her.

"Well, why are you here so early?" She asked me.

"I have a question I wanted to ask you."

"Okay shoot."

"If and when should I tell my Dad." 

She froze mid-bite and turned to look at me.

"umm well, I was waiting until I was in my second trimester to tell anyone you could do that too."

"Okay ill do that whens that"

"The secound trimester is in november but don't tell your father I'm your teacher I could lose my job." I forgot it was illegal to sleep with students.

"Okay and I'll wait."  I figured I could just tell the guys when I tell my dad. 

"I need your number." All she did was point to the board where her information like email and phone number was written in the top right corner of the board.

"that has been sitting there since like the first day." I laughed to myself and took a quick picture of it I went to leave.

"Im heading to the vending machine before class want anything?" 

"No thank you." 

*One Week And 3 Days Later.*

I was sitting in my room playing a game online with the guys when I heard the front door open. "Happy Birthday Clay." My dad yelled coming into our two bedroom apartment.

"Dad my birthday was 2 days ago." I ended the game with my friends and turned my attention to my dad. On my birthday My friends and I went out for drinks, my cousin came over to wish me a happy birthday and Carla gave me a bracelet that read my name with a little charm on it of a baby carriage.

"Clay I'm sorry but I have something that will make up for it. Come on."

He grabbed my hand and took me downstairs to the garage that was in the basement of our apartment building.

"This is for you son a slightly used black 2012 Acura RDX." He then handed me the keys.

"let's take it for a ride."

My dad and I were just driving around and I decided to tell him about the baby because I'm not sure when I would see him again.

"dad there's something I have to tell you."

"You can tell me anything clay." He said with a big smile

" I got a girl pregnant." I said as I continued to look out at the road to avoid looking at my dad.

"Clay come on how could you, who is it.?"

"My calculus teacher." I said in a whisper.

"Your teacher clay you cant be serious don't you know how wrong that is?"

"Wrong like having a baby by a married woman." I say.

"Don't bring your mother into this." My dad says defensively.

"No let's bring mom into to this cause according to her husband i'm his son and I died when I was a couple days old."  I say in a huff.

"Clay when did this all happen." My dad said trying to change the subject.

"A couple weeks before school happened I didn't know she was my teacher and she didn't know I was a student."

I pulled the ultra from my pocket and handed it to him.

"am I ever going to meet her."

"depends how long you're staying in town for."

"About a week maybe 2" he answer his arms crossed

"parent-teacher conference is in a couple days."

We had a good laugh about it then headed home and I wondered about telling the guys.