ONE.

Jungkook was walking out from class, a bag slung across his shoulders. Jimin, one of his closest friends, was walking beside him and chatting about aimless things.

"Jimin-hyung, isn't that the girl that you were talking about?" Jungkook asked, noticing a girl in front of them. She had straight, dark hair that was dyed with several different colors.

"Yeah, Hei-Ran," Jimin answered. "She's in my class."

"Nice! You found someone shorter than you!" Jungkook teased his hyung, which earned him a playful punch to the shoulder. He just watched as she took her phone out of her bag and scrolled through her notifications before she began walking away.

"I'm going to go talk to her," the older boy said before walking off to catch up to the girl. Jungkook just continued walking to his locker to put away a textbook, which he was already near. Opening it up, he saw a neatly folded slip of paper in it.

Curious, he unfolded the light pink sheet and read the neatly printed handwriting on the paper.

will you go out with me? ;)

- your secret admirer <3

Jungkook started blushing slightly, wondering who could've gave him this. maybe it was a mistake, especially since Jimin-hyung and Jin-hyung's lockers were right next to his.

It was just a mistake, Jungkook convinced himself. It was meant for Jimin or Jin, not him.

"Jungkook, you know how to cut an onion, right?" Namjoon asked, popping up out of nowhere with Jin next to him. Jungkook jumped up, startled, and dropped the note.

"Yes, hyung," Jungkook answered, raising an eyebrow. "Why?"

Namjoon just smiled and nodded, patting him on the back before walking off with Jin and calling out, "You're making dinner tonight!"

Jungkook had completely forgotten about the slip of paper and just put his textbook away before heading back to the dorm he shared with his friends.

Yoongi, Taehyung, and Hoseok, who were about to greet the younger boy, stopped in their tracks as they saw the pink paper flutter to the ground.

Yoongi stepped forward, bending down to pick it up. Being the nosy self he was regarding his younger friend, he opened it and read it, Hoseok and Taehyung hovering over his shoulders as they both read the neat print.

"Jungkookie has a secret admirer?"

• ~ • ~ • ~ •

That night, all of the seven boys were gathered around the table. take-out was scattered across the long table. Jungkook had almost started a fire attempting to cook, with the help of the bothersome Taehyung.

They had all formed a band and had gained quite some popularity, though their school didn't care much. Jungkook was the maknae of the group, to which he called himself the "golden maknae".

"Jimin-hyung, how was talking to that girl?" Jungkook asked, his mouth slightly full with chewed rice.

"Ooh, Jimin-ah, is there something you're keeping from us?" Namjoon teased, pointing his chopsticks at the named boy. As he spoke, the rice in his mouth was visible and made squishy sounds.

"Is she shorter than you?" Yoongi asked, teasing him about his height despite the fact that he was shorter.

Jimin sighed. "She brushed me off, saying that she had somewhere important to go," he whined. "And yes, she's shorter than me. Stop making fun of my height!"

"Harsh," Namjoon commented. "Does she even show any interest in you?"

"Of course she does! After all, I am the extremely handsome Jimin," he said before getting embarrassed and laughing awkwardly, punching the shoulder of the person closest to him, who happened to be Tae.

"Aish! Stop hitting me!" the slightly younger boy yelled, hitting Jimin back. The rest of the group just laughed it off.

Yoongi decided that now was a good idea to ask about the love confession from before. "So, Jungkook," he began, pointing his sticky chopsticks towards the maknae.

"You have a secret admirer?"

~~~

edited. sorry i've been so inactive! :(