Chapter fourteen - Tension

The team, minus Happy and Toby leave the garage for Canada.

"Why am I staying here?" Happy asks. "The nuclear reactor gives off fatal amounts of radiation to a fetus and their is nothing for you to do there, it's a simple programming job and they don't need a behaviorist, that's why I'm staying" Toby responds. Happy huffs slightly as she walks over to her desk and picks up one of her projects. Toby walks over to Happy's desk when everyone leaves. "Why the hostility?" He asks Happy. "You didn't even think twice to not include me in the case" she responds. "Happy, I was just thinking of our baby's health" he adds while gesturing toward her little baby bump. "I understand you caring about our baby and not about the person who is housing said baby" she comments. She goes over to her work station, pics up a wrench and starts to work on some project.

Toby walks over to the kitchen to get coffee for him and Happy, he brings it over to her work station and sets it on her desk. She glares up at him, still mad, she stops working for a second to realize: how could she be really mad at him, besides gambling but we all know that babies are expensive and she would kill him if he started gambling again, but seriously he loves her so much and their baby so much he would never ever hurt either of them. Happy picks up her tools and grabs her bag while slightly smiling.

"Hey Doc, I'm going home" Happy comments as she walks toward the garage door. "What? Why?" Toby asks. Happy turns around and says "Like you said, this case doesn't need me, so I'm going home. See you later." She walks out of the garage, gets in her truck and drives home.

The time flies by. Toby is lying on the couch with one book in each hand. As the door opens Toby jolts up to see who is walking in, hoping to see Happy. In walks Paige, Walter, Cabe's and Sly. "Where's Happy?" Sly asks while walking over to his desk. "She went home" Toby replied. Sly looked confused. "Why didn't you go too?" Sly asked. "We kinda had a falling-out" Toby responds. "Oh" Sly comments. Toby gets his stuff together, puts his hat on and walks towards the door. "Goodnight guys see you tomorrow" he comments. "Good luck" Sly says to Toby. Toby looks back at Sly with an awkward smile with big eyes.

Toby walks in the front door of their home, puts his stuff down on the kitchen table and looks into their bedroom: No Happy. He walks down the hall to their soon-to-be baby's nursery. He stands in the door frame and sees Happy's back to him, she is looking at the crib. He stands there in the door frame for a minute or so, then Happy turns around and walks toward him, blocking his view of the crib. "I'm sorry for not thinking of you when I said you would stay at the garage" Toby says. "It's ok, I had time to make this" she comments. She walks to stand beside him to let him see what she was talking about. Toby walks closer to the crib and sees what is hanging above it. "Are those-" Toby questions but is then cut off. "A baby mobile of little black fedoras and mini wrenches" she responded while smiling. Toby looks at the mobile smiling and then turns and hugs Happy. Happy leans next to him while they continue to look at the crib and mobile. This is forever, this is their family.