eight: oh baby

//Las Angeles, Mandrison Hospital

Sydney's cries scared me.

Since the baby's head was the wrong way they had to do a c section, they set up a blue cloth wall to separate us from the cut. Miles held her hand and sat next to her face, she was drugged up and asleep. I was biting my nails as I watched them cut her lower stomach and the blood they wiped away made me sick. I didn't know I was shaking until Brady wrapped his arms around me and I leaned my head on his chest, his smell washed over me and calmed me but my heart still raced, I held Sydney's hand tightly.

When I heard the doctors talking quietly, I turned and saw them holding a very still baby, covered in a reddish goo, but I saw the dark brown hair on it's little head. I pulled away from Brady he watched me carefully, he held my hand as I went around the wall. "Miss please stay behind-" I held my hands out for the bundle, the doctor holding it put it in my arms. It was very still, I wasn't breathing, Brady's hand wrapped around my waist and he seemed to be saying something in my ear. I just stared down at the baby.

I brushed my fingers over it's forehead and down it's soft cheek, and something happened that brought me back into the room. It's eyes opened and looked up at me and it's tiny mouth opened and it started to cry, I gasped and started to tear up. Brady's arm squeezed around me for comfort, the baby was alive and crying.

I carried it carefully to the small tub of water, I pulled away the cloth around it and gently started washing off the goo. Brady stayed by my side, he watched me with the baby like he was amazed. The baby had the face of Syndey, the chocolate brown eyes and creamy skin, but the dark brown hair was Miles's all the way. "Welcome to the world baby girl" I laid her on the small table and put a diaper on her and wrapped her in a new blanket.

"Miles?" Brady shook him from his daze beside Sydney, "hmmmm" he looked up at him. "Do you want to hold your daughter?" Miles face twitched and he looked at the baby in my arms. He stepped closer and took her, she was so small and she cried which meant she was okay.

"Miss please take the baby into the other room an feed it" the nurse handed me a bottle and can of formula, he escorted me into the other room with Brady.

"Brady she's so pretty" I said to him while she ate, he smiled and scooted closer on the small hospital bed. "She looks like both of them" he smiled, I felt his hand brush the strand if hair from my face but he let his hand fall, he had caught himself. The nurse came in holding a clipboard and Miles followed, his face red and puffy. "How is she?" Brady stood up, Miles walked over to him and hugged him, Brady understood and hugged him.

"Mr she will be fine" I looked down at the baby, Sydney and Miles baby, now finally here and I wanted one, I wanted a baby I was so confused with my life I knew who I truly loved but then there was another who was fighting to keep me.