Chapter 1: Blueprint

"Ugh!  I've checked every drawer in this place. Are you sure it's here, Jon?"

"Yes, of course i'm sure. Everything points to this room, I know it. Keep looking." He started an agitated back and forth pace, nervously clenching and unclenching his fists.

The other boy went back to his ongoing search, constantly checking his watch. Suddenly, the heart- lurching sound of heavy footsteps reverberated off the walls. The four persons stared at the door, then each other, then back at the door again. In an instant, fear began choking the air with its foul smell.

"Bell, stack things in front of the door."

" I did!"

Harvey turned from his search, glancing at the door. She had done a great job. She always did. But they needed as much blockage as they could get. Harvey, replied, "Well, add more stuff, anything you can find. We  cannot risk that door opening."

Bell nodded, knowing as they all did that time was running short. She viewed the room, searching desperately for anything that might serve as a blockade. 

"Cay? Are you ready?" Harvey glanced around the room, his eyes falling on a small teen with long strawberry blonde hair and dark green eyes. She looked up from a weapon she was studying, and answered in a quiet but firm voice, "Yes. Here it is." She presented Harvey with a thin, sharp knife, then walked toward the door where Bell stood stacking things.

"Good." Harvey turned back to the drawer he sat in front of, resuming his search once again, and suddenly gasped. "Guys, I think I found it!"

Everyone whipped around to look at the piece of paper Harvey held in his hand. A blueprint.

Jon rushed over, grabbing the paper from Harvey's hands, and inspected the paper closely, then stuffed it inside it pants pocket. "We have what we came for. Let's go."

The footsteps and also voices could be heard very closely now. Jon pointed at another door and the team silently left the room, locking the door behind them.

                                                                                * * * *