Chapter 2

Saturday 8th September, 2012 8.20am

It was a cold Saturday morning and the boys were putting their suitcases into the van that would drive them, 4 hours to Newcastle. Harry was wearing his purple Jack Wills hoodie, that had been packed away for a long time, until finally being put into good use today. He was also wearing his signature skinny jeans and white converse. Liam was zipped up in a navy blue track suit, just like he would wear if he was to go to the gym. He had his white Beats headphones around his neck, prepared for the long journey. Zayn was wearing a red, white and blue plaid shirt and tan coloured chinos. His blackberry in his pocket which means that he would obviously be either on twitter or texting until they got to Newcastle. Niall was wearing a red polo and cardigan, that he always wore at concerts. It didn't seem like that the cold was affecting the Irish boy much. He had Beats headphones too, well prepared like Liam and unlike Harry and Louis. Lastly, Louis was wearing something very interesting although quite normal for him. Not his usual red trousers and white shirt with blue stripes. But his one-piece. Greyish-white with a blue pattern across the chest; he had it zipped right up to his chin. He could possibly be wearing his signature clothing underneath to take off before arriving at the house, but knowing Louis, he would probably wear the one-piece to go out clubbing! The five lads hopped into the white van, their driver being Paul.

"'Re ye boys ready to leave?" Paul shouted to the groggy, half-asleep boys in the van. They jumped, startled and Harry shouted as if he had woken from a deep slumber:

"ARE WE THERE ALREADY?" The boys and Paul all had a fit of laughter, expect Paul had to break it to them that they hadn't even left the house yet. He turned on the ignition and shifted the van into gear and set off for the four hour road trip. They were due to arrive at around 2pm, including times for bathroom breaks and to buy food for Niall. All of them began the trip sleeping, Niall and Liam with their Beats headphones covering their ears. Zayn sat at the front next to Paul, leaning again the window with his head resting against it and his blackberry tucked in his hand, arms crossed. Niall and Liam sat behind them, Niall had his head resting on Liam's shoulder and his legs extended so that he was pushing Liam up against one side of the van. Liam was sleeping with his arms folded across his chest and his head tilted back on the seat. And of course, Louis and Harry took the very back seats and had their limbs tangled up together. Harry was snoring already even though they had been driving for around 30 minutes. Zayn occasionally opened his eyes to check if he had any messages on his phone, but then closed his eyes and began to nod off.

~

1.38pm the same day

"I'm hungry" Niall exclaimed, attempting to get Paul's attention to stop at the next gas station so he could buy some food.

"We stopped 20 minutes ago at McDonalds Niall, how on earth are you hungry already? You ate 2 burgers, large fries, a drink AND a sundae" moaned Paul.

"So? I'm hungry" protested Niall, slouching into the car seat. Liam glanced at Niall, who was now staring out the window, then turned his body to look at what Louis and Harry were doing. Harry was on his iPhone and Louis was listening to some music. Liam had let him borrow his Beats for last hour of the car trip.

"What are you listening to Lou?" Liam asked, attempting to lip read what Louis was mouthing. He was mouthing the lyrics to a song.

"Louis?" Liam said, although Louis didn't notice that he was talking to him.

"LOU" Liam shouted, waking Zayn in the front seat and causing all the boys to stare at him.

"Huh?" Louis muttered, "were you talking to me? Sorry I was really into this song."

"I asked what song are you listening to" Liam replied sourly.

"Oh, it's called 'Swim Good' by Ed Sheeran. He did a cover of the song by Frank Ocean" Louis said softly, before he began to mouth the lyrics of the song again.