Chapter 28- Careers

He cuddles in my arms and I laugh as I hold him closer. This was the best decision I've ever made.

"Who's a good little baby?" I ask the puppy. Issy and I came to a dog cafe. "Iz this place is the best." I say as I look around at all the dogs.

"I knowwww, they're all so cute." She says laughing. "We gotta go soon though, I have work."

"Yeah same, I gotta go speak with my mother about my career options." I say.

"Why? You don't like modelling?" Issy asks curiously.

"I do but it's extremely difficult. I like the idea of having my own line like my siblings. I also miss being a stylist. We'll see." I say.

"Fashion really is in your blood." She says with a chuckle. "Anyway, I'll catch you later. Gotta get to work." Issy says standing.

"Alright, see you later, byeee!" I say as I hug her tightly. I pick up my bag and walk out of the cafe and get into my uber. I arrive at my mother building and I walk up to her office, I notice she isn't there so I just sit in her chair and wait. 

I look around at the things on her desk aimlessly until I find something..thats odd. Why is there a BigHit pamphlet? I pick it up and I notice a folder under it, I go to pick up the folder but mother walks in. I put it down.

"Sorry hun I was running a little late." She says fixing her hair, I get out of her chair so she can sit. "So you wanted to look at career options, why? I assumed you liked modelling?"

"It's just really difficult."

"Well, you're the youngest s the plan was for you to be an icon amongst the youth so you can look into acting, singing, youtube? You could vlog or something the teenagers like that." Mother says.

"I can't act or sing and I don't want to vlog." I say

"Well what else is there then?" Mother asks slightly annoyed. "I need to have you as an icon you can't do much else to stay relevant. You're a young model who's best friend with other supermodels what else could you want?" To be a normal teenager.

"Okay, I'll work harder." I say. 

"Sweetie don't forget you have interviews lined up!" I don't respond but instead leave the room. I sigh as I walk down towards the elevator. When I get in a notice the man who is also in there is a BigHit representer. Odd.

I walk to my sisters building since its only a block away. I again do the same ting, go straight to her office and wait.

"Hey sis?" I ask.

"Mmm?" She asks looking through a folio of designs.

"How did you put up with mum turning you into a work machine?" I ask.

"I didn't, I have many traumatic experiences and depression left from my youth that I bottle away and cover with work." Woah. "Kidding. I've always loved designing so I had no problem starting up my own line. Plus I never cared for social groups or anything. I said I could slack when I die."

"Cool thanks." I say rolling my eyes as I get out of the seat.

"You're just upset over that boy. Forget him and focus on your own self. You'll be happier then. Find a career path you're passionate about and then ask mother for that. She'll tweak it so it fits both you and hers needs."

"Did she tweak yours?" I ask.

"Of course, I'm a designer and have my own line which is what I wanted but mother like us to be icons so I stay relevant in the media by keeping my social media up to date and making sure everyone knows something young and relatable like me owns a big line."

"But you're not relatable to 20 year olds, like at all."

"So? They don't know that." 

"True, I think I'll go home and eat my feelings away. Bye."

"Cya."