Chapter 6

It has been awhile since the day Max confessed to me. I must admit, I think I already have fallen for him. He gives me this happy feeling that I have never felt before. It is not the same with what you'll feel when you receive a present or when you win in a competition. This feeling is extraordinary and only Max can make me feel this way. He'd do anything for me. Well, for now. I don't want to keep my hopes up. I've been keeping my hopes up for my whole life and I keep ended up disappointed. It's getting me tired, depressed, and stressed altogether. But unfortunately, I can't control myself to expect anything from him. I guess that's just how it is when you're in love. 

We are groupmates in one of our projects and we really need to meet the deadline, so we are forced to meet daily just to finish our project. 

"Ann, are we meeting later for the project?" I nudge her while walking into the classroom.

"Uhm, yes but I'll be late. We have a meeting in Senior Org." She sighed.

"Oh. Uhm. Okay. I'll just tell the others."

Just a few months and we'll be done with all these projects forever, I say to myself.

I arrive just on time on our usual meeting place. Then, Max arrives a few minutes later. 

"Hi Cara," he smiles. 

"Hi Max" I greeted back. 

"Do you know  where are they?" I take a look at my phone. No messages. "I know Ann will be late but where are the others?"

He also looks at his phone. "Andy texted that they'll be late. They need to run some errands." 

"They?" My eyes grow widely. "All of them? Need to run some errands? All at the same time?" I'm getting furious. Look, it's nice that Max and I could hang out alone together. I mean it. But we really need to finish this project on time! 

"Uhm..relax, Cara," he seems scared of me right at this moment. I glare at him.

"How can I relax? The due date is fast approaching!" I stomp my feet walking away. 

"Where are you going?" He slowly walks behind my back, following me.

"My house," I look back at him. "We're gonna work on our project. If they want to join us, then they can come by." 

"Your house?" He stops walking.

"Yeah, you wanna come or not?" 

He just nodded. "Alright then, let's go. Every minute counts." I grab his left hand to make him walk faster. We rode a bus to reach our house.

Our house is not big. It's just right, even though it is a two-story house. We don't have a living room. When you open the front door, the dining room is the first thing you'll see. Then, the kitchen. Then, the stairs that lead you to 3 bedrooms. 

I opened the front door and know immediately that nobody's home. My aunt wants to keep the lights on in the kitchen when she's around. Yeah, my aunt lives with us. She's been around since my father left mom. 

"Let's just go to my room, and work there. All of my books are there anyway." I make my way upstairs and Max just follows behind me. My room is simple. A bed, cabinet, and other stuffs piling onto one another in a corner.

"You can sit on the bed." I tell Max as I fix my things and prepare everything we need for our project. He complies and just stays quiet.

"Are you okay?" I look at him while getting the books out of my shelf.

"Yeah," He looks back at me. "Is this okay though? To be in your room?" 

"Uhm, I guess so. It's not like you're going to do anything bad to me, right?" I sit beside him with the books we need on my lap. 

"So, how do we start?" I ask him,  looking at the books I got.

"I don't know, you tell me." He chuckled.

Having Max in my room is actually okay for me. I'm starting to be comfortable with his presence. I trust him. He's not like the other guys that once they got the girl alone, they'll take advantage of it. Max is different. He respects me and I think that's what's important.

It has been two hours and I already feel tired. I just want to lie on my bed and stare at the ceiling. We didn't receive any updates on our group mates, so I text them we're just in my house if they want to work on our project.

"Let's take a break. I'm tired," I plop myself on the bed while Max is still sitting at the edge of the bed. He chuckles then sets aside the books and the laptop, then got his phone out. 

"They didn't text at all." He says looking at me. 

"I know. They suck." I close my eyes for awhile, trying to control my anger. "You can lie down too if you want. I'm sure your back  hurts, because mine hurts." I laugh, eyes still closed. He doesn't say anything. But I can feel him slowly lying down beside me.

I turn to my side then open my eyes. There he is, so close to me. I did not expect him to be that close. Our faces only inches apart. His brown eyes are like talking to me. They're so beautiful. I'm starting to feel uncomfortable since none of us started talking. So I lie on back again then close my eyes. 

"Why do you like me?" I just feel like I need to ask this question because nobody likes me and I feel like nobody will like me. Nobody will be able to keep up with me and my little monsters in my head.

"I just do." He answers back without any hesitation.  

"But why? There must be a reason." I push him with the question again.

"Because you're nice," He finally answered. 

I turn my head to look at him and he didn't move from his position before so we're still inches apart.

"I'm not that nice as you may think I am, you know."  

He suddenly carefully holds my head facing him with his hand on my jawline and his thumb caressing my cheeks. I don't move because I like the feeling. I feel that he cares for me. I feel that he loves me. That must what his eyes are saying to me.  My heart flutters when his eyes go down to my lips. He moves a little closer. I still don't move because I'm sure, I want him too. I close my eyes because I have to control myself and be calm. 

I suddenly open my eyes when I feel his soft kissable lips on mine. It is a passionate long sweet kiss. We don't move. Well, he doesn't move. His eyes are closed. His lips don't move either. Just there to kiss me, resting on my lips. When he opens his eyes, he backs away, but not losing eye contact. As if we are talking through our eyes, he kisses me again. But this time, his kiss is wild, full of hunger. I pull back for awhile and he stops, looking at me. I want to say something but I don't seem have a voice. So I just kiss him back. I wrap my hand onto the back of his neck and slowly pull him so that his soft lips are against mine. My kiss is wild and full of hunger too. He presses me against him. Our bodies are touching together. It's warm. I like it. It feels safe. It feels like we're puzzle pieces that fit together. We finally pull back to catch our breath. We look into each other's eyes.

"I love you." I said. I want to say it at the moment. I want him to know that I love him. Already.

He kisses me passionately but this time slowy with full of feelings.

"I love you more, Cara." He said in between kisses.

~~~~~~~~~

A/N: That's it for this chapter. Short but sweet. Full of emotions.

Bye.

~C~