Chapter 1

(Part 1)

I was thirteen years old when I first met the young King of Ashur, his name was Theondre.

He was fiery... His hair was light brown, almost golden as the sun touched him. His sun kissed skin glistening with sweat as he gives his last blow to his opponent, an experience warrior, twice his age.

He wins.

But I've heard everything about him, how he never lose. How my father wished I was more like him.

I thought it was ridiculous... How could I be like this....god? I fought well, for a thirteen year old kid at that time, but for my father, that wouldn't be enough.

Funny how, after he was done with his opponent, he comes to me and asked for the drink I had. I give him my drink.

He teased me and talked to me. I wasn't much of a talker, but he talked to me with so much enthusiasm, I couldn't help but talked to him as well.

He was kind and magical. Handsome, above mortals. Powerful, yet he never boast about his power in front of me or other young lords in training.

From that day on, he became my only friend and companion.

One night, he took me to one of the many gardens in the royal palace. He told me his dream, that he wished to be able to travel the world, not to conquered it, but simply to enjoy it's beauty.

He told me his deepest secret as he touched my wounded head from training, and I was healed.

He said he didn't understand, how he was able to do so, but he still tried to asked his mother about it, despite the many abuse he would received from the Dowager Queen.

He said he wanted to be with me, forever. And I said that I wanted to be with him as well. He was the first person to look at me with genuine kindness, not hatred or disgust or envy.

He took his necklace off, said it was the necklace his father wore the day the late King passed away. It was made of gold, with a big black diamond on it. It was his most precious possession.

He gave it to me, as a symbol of our friendship.

I wanted to give something back to him. I have many jeweleries, but only one that I really treasured.

It was hard for me to part with the crystal necklace, the only thing I have left from my birth mother. The chains weren't made of gold like the ones from Theondre, instead it was made of black crocodile's skin. The crystal was big and white. Transparent, even.

He swore he would always keep it and wore it. I made the same oath.

I was so happy, until I come home to my father, he was drunk and then he beats me up. I know he will act as if nothing had happened tomorrow. I clutched Theondre's necklace on my chest, hoping the morning would come by fast.

--------------------------------------------------------

I was just celebrating my sixteenth birthday alone in my father's Villa, and after that, I go to the royal palace to give my congratulations to my friend, the King of Ashur, for his firstborn.

He was married when we were both fifteen, to a princess from Haksusha. A political marriage, one where he told me he wasn't happy about, but necessary, to keep the King of Haksusha head's down.

He said he didn't like their first night, all night he tried not to see her face. His body aroused, but his heart was not.

We shared everything... Even our intimate secrets. I can't share mine, though, for I'm not married yet, and maybe I'll never get married, for I have no interest for women.