Secrets, Lies, and Terrible People

Bella POV

I looked at the boy that just walked into my room, Edward. I thought to myself. what a perfect name. He had bright green eyes and an amazing smile. He also had a somewhat copper colored hair, that was darker in some spots, and lighter in others. Like he had highlights, only they were obviously not highlights.

"Isabella?" he snapped me out of my daydream.

Shit. He saw me staring… I immediately felt the blush coming to my face. I turned away quickly. "uh.. Yeah sorry. Kinda…zoned out I guess. Uhm.. And its Bella, not Isabella."

"Well Bella, would you like to join me for lunch?"

Would I? Yes! Wait. What would James say? He would call it cheating. He would hurt me again. But I would deserve it, because it would be cheating wouldn't it? I cant have lunch with another guy when I have a boyfriend! …But he's so hot…And how would he find out? No Bella! Remember what happened last time you did something like this? My hand automatically went to my wrist, where James snapped it in two and threatened to cut it off when I went out with one of my guy friends for a couple hours.

"uh…no thanks. I kind of want to settle in first and…" I trailed off.

"you have a boyfriend don't you?" He sounded…disappointed?

"uhh.. Yeah…He's really a great guy, so I don't want to uh.. Upset him… because he tends to have…anger issues…" I held my wrist close to me, praying that the memories would go away.

"Well ok, then how about I just stay in here with you. I have to unpack and everything also, so we can get to know each other while we unpack. Sound good?"I looked around the room, then realized I had nothing to unpack.

"I don't have anything with me though…"

"Its ok, I don't either."

"But you said unpa-"

"I know what I said. I just want to get to know you, and that's the only thing I thought of."

God he's hot. Stop staring Bella, he's gonna think your some creep.

"mmkay…so uh…what do you wanna know?"

"How old are you?""17. And you?"

"18. When is your birthday?"

"November 7th"

"Mines December 5th. But can I ask you a personal question, Bella?"

"Yes, but im not promising to answer it.""Why are you here?"

Should I tell him? He seems trustworthy…But what if he thinks I'm some helpless little girl, like everyone else thinks? So far, he's the only person that's been nice to me in forever…I decided to take a chance.

"uh…attempted suicide…long story.. What about you?"

"uhm…I uh…" He stopped talking.

"you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, I mean, we don't exactly know each other."

Oh gosh. Now he's gonna avoid me, so I don't ask him again. I just blew it. Damn it Bella! James is right, you do ruin everything.

"Attempted suicide, jumped off of a bridge. Family problems, relationship problems….I was just tired of everyone just walking all over me."

His reply really surprised me. I didn't expect him to tell me all of that already.

"I uh.. I have kind of the same reason. Except not family problems. My boyfriend ha-"