Tough Decisioins

Bella POV

"No. NO!" I screamed. "Please….Don't! Stop! STOP!"

James smacked me across my face. "Shut up, you bitch. I'm not stopping. You could've made it easier on yourself. But no, you had to be a bitch. So you need to be punished. Quit fucking moving!"

"James…Your hurting me. Stop!" He started to take my clothes off. "James no! I-I cant! I just…please stop!"

He didn't stop. In fact, every time I told him to stop he did something worse.

"Shut up you slut. You think you can go out with some other guy for a whole day, and then come back here and refuse to fuck me? Fucking skank. You should've known better. I thought I taught you to listen better than that."

Taught? No, more like scared me into listening to you.

"James. Please, I'll do whatever you want. Just stop hurting me!"

"Too late now, Bella." He sneered my name. I didn't like hearing him say it like that. It meant that there were worse things coming if I didn't give him what he wanted.

Here goes nothing…Oh God, please let this work…

"James…." I said, as seductively as I could "I'll do anything you want. Let go of me first. I promise you, you wont regret it."

Please work Please work Please work….I cant stand another beating from him. Please please please please….

"hmm.. Anything?" It sounded like it was working…

"Anything."

"The one and only thing I want…." He started.

"Yessss James?"

"QUIT FUCKING MOVING SO I CAN FINISH!"

Oh God. It didn't work…Oh God. Please. Let him calm down. Please….

"OUCH! James! YOUR HURTING ME!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. It hurt. It really fucking hurt. And he wasn't stopping.

"FUCK Bella QUIT MOVING!"

"STOP!" I screamed. "Stop! Your hurting me! Please!"

"BELLA!" I heard him yell.

"Stop…." I whimpered.

"Bella, wake up! Please! Damnit Bella! Wake the fuck up!"

That's not James' voice….

"James….stop…"

"Bella. Listen to me. You need to wake up. Now."

"ouch…please stop…"

I felt hands grab my shoulders and shake me a little bit."Bella!"

I opened my eyes, and saw brilliant green eyes in front of me.

I had been dreaming the whole time. Except it wasn't a dream. It was a memory.

"Bella? God Bella! Are you ok? You just about gave me a heart attack!"He was worried about me?

"Edward…right?" I wasn't sure, I had only talked to him once…He nodded, so I continued. "I'm fine, don't worry. I just had a….uh…bad dream…"

"Bella, that sounded like more than a bad dream. You were terrified."

"Im fine. Really. Just…go back to bed…." I told him, even though the last thing I wanted him to do was go back to sleep. I just wanted to talk to somebody…I wanted to feel safe…

"Bella. Im here now. You can tell me what happened. I know you don't know me very well, but I promise I wont tell anyone. Im not going to bed until I know you feel better."

Then I realized where I was sitting. In his lap. With his arms around me.

Oh. Shit.

"uhh…how much did you hear?"

"A lot. Something about James, and he was hurting you and…" He stopped talking. He almost looked, upset..? "and you were yelling 'stop! Stop!'….and-an-and…." he stopped again, and looked up at me. "I couldn't let anyone hurt you. I know I just met you, and it was just a dream, but I-I just…I wanted to keep you safe. I couldn't stand hearing you that upset. Even if it was just a dream…"

I was speechless. Nobody had said anything like that to me in forever. Nobody cared enough to. And the weirdest part? I felt the exact same way about him.

Edward POV

Bella wasn't talking. I had just told her how I felt about her and she wasn't saying anything.

Shit Mason! You shouldn't have told her anything! You have a job to do. You cant fall for her! NO! You cant let yourself. No matter how beautiful she is. Or how amazing her eyes or how full and perfect her lips are…Stop it, Mason! Stop! You have to kill her, remember? Besides, then she will be happier. She wanted to die anyway…

"I uh…I feel the same way. Im really sorry if it freaks you out. But I just feel…safe. With you."

Well. There goes any chance of me doing my job.

"Really? I-I mean….Really?"

"Yeah…. I mean, you woke me up, and I wasn't scared anymore. Im not scared to tell you about anything that happened. I've been scared of everyone in my life for the past 2 years, and I feel completely safe with you. I don't know how that's possible, considering on how I just met you. But I do. I feel more safe with you than I've felt with anyone in my whole life."

Says the girl that I'm supposed to kill…

*Short Chapter I know, Sorry, I'll update soon! :)