c.4

Lachlan

"...But I have decided to give you a second chance," Delanie finishes. The line goes silent, and my jaw stays dropped.

"Delanie, I love you," I breathe.

"Lachlan, I do love you, but I don't feel like it's the right time to say it directly to you," Delanie murmurs.

"Oh, well..." I trail off, not knowing what to say.

"I gotta go, bye Lachlan."

"Bye," I whisper. What does it look like between us, Delanie? Are we dating, or just 'friends'? I scratch my arm, confused. She gave me one final chance, better not blow it.

...

"Hey, Lachlan!" Delanie waves. I walk towards her, a small smile placed on my face. We hug. I want to lean in, and cover her lips with mine, but I hold back.

"Ice cream?" I ask.

"Definitely."

...

"Can I please have two red velvet scoops?" Delanie says politely. The woman smiles, and hands her the cone.

"For you?" she questions.

"Mint chocolate chip for me, please." She hands me my cone, and we walk away, focused on our ice cream.

"Yum!" Delanie grins. I take another lick, then nod.

"Delicious," I agree.  

We spend the rest of the afternoon joking around, with many laughs had. We plan on watching the sun set, then going back to Delanie's to watch a movie together. I smile to myself, happy to be with Delanie again. Nothing could ruin this moment. Maybe I jinxed it. A crazy looking girl stomps towards us.

"Lachlan! You're cheating on me?!?" she exclaims. Delanie gives me a surprised, angered look.

"Penelope, we broke up two years ago!" I shout, dumbfounded.

"No, we didn't!" she denies.

"Lachlan, is there something you want to tell me?" Delanie's voice rises. I want to cover my ears, and curl away into a dark corner.

"Delanie, I broke up with Penelope two years ago! She just wont let it go," I sigh.

"He's lying," Penelope cries.

"I thought we'd be honest with each other," Delanie stands, and begins to walk away.

"Delanie!" I call after her, then glare at Penelope. "Get away from me, filthy, desperate lady!" I yell. Her eyes widen, and she wails like a child whose balloon just popped.

"Lachlan! I love you! Please!" she begs, as I race after Delanie, who is a distance away. I ignore her, drowning out her annoying shrieks until I can hear her no more. Delanie, it's not what you think.

...

Delanie

I continue running, tears spilling madly down my cheeks, and flying behind me. Why Lachlan? I trusted you, and you betrayed me, ruined me once again. Is this your game? Am I your 'missing' piece? I guess I really can't feel satisfied, since you cheated on me with that whore. I let my thoughts consume me. Then I hear a voice I wish I hadn't.

"Delanie! Wait, let me explain!" Lachlan calls breathlessly.

"I've seen enough!" I shout.

"Delanie, please let me," Lachlan urged. With defiance, I slow my pace. He catches up, then says,

"It's not what it looked like! Penelope was a mad woman, I broke up with her two freaking years ago!"

"How can I be so sure? Why didn't you at least tell me?" I counter.

"I didn't think you'd need to know," he answers honestly.

"Promise me Lachlan, that you'll never hide something like that from me, that we willbe honest with each other?" I whisper. After a slight pause, he nods.

"I promise."

------------------------------------------

Leave a like if you enjoyed, it's kinda last second, but what ever! i:

Also, I will update Save Me tomorrow! :D (EASTER SUNDAY)

Happy Early Easter, my Lovely Kangaroos!

Berryx