Chapter 13

Timeskip to Christmas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's finally here! Christmas is finally here! 10 or 11 days ago, Mum finally sent me the dress. I never told Severus about it. He never told me about his outfit, either.

I sniffed.

Severus never tells me anything anymore. I'm not sure why. We have been drifting apart, as if some unknown force kept us away.

I spent my Christmas with Mum. She questioned me about Hogwarts and what it was like to finally be going to the Yule Ball. I told her I felt great.

I didn't like how I wasn't lying. I disliked how happy and cheerful I was feeling. I'm sure Severus noticed it, too. That's why he stayed away. He knows that when I'm happy I get angry very easily.

I'm different from everyone else. When they are cheery, they don't get mad much. I do. I can get mad anytime I want. Or... Anytime somebody pushes me.

While I was reading a book under a tree, I spotted Severus gracefully walking to me. Before I called out to him, he sat down beside me, not saying a word.

We sat here for hours. Severus was playing with my hair as it danced in the wind. I was reading the book I brought with me.

Finally, I shivered and Severus noticed. "We should get back so we'll be ready to lead Slytherin to the Great Hall." He stood up, taking my hand and pulling me with him.

~~~~~

I got dressed. I was wearing a silvery, short dress with long sleeves. I decided not to do makeup. It's pointless. I was wearing long boots and silver leggings.

I left my hair down and put on green, metallic earrings. For Slytherin, the best house in Hogwarts. Severus would like those, even if they were really small.

I met Severus on the top of the stairs. He played a tiny smile, held my arm, and walked us to the Great Hall. The teachers were already there. Some students were, too.

I stayed near Severus. We didn't talk much. "Are you hungry?" I wanted to at least get a few treats before we danced. Or, if we danced.

"Not entirely," Severus answered.

I scowled at his denseness. He should be talking to me, not staring at people. His gaze lingered on the newcomers. I glanced at them, too, then stifled a gasp.

I watched the champions and their dates as they made their way into the middle of the room. Harry's date was one of the Patil twins. I wasn't sure which one.

I chuckled a bit as they danced. Harry kept stomping on her toes. Poor Patil. By the end, I was shaking with laughter but still holding it in. I didn't want to seem rude.

I think Severus noticed. Instead of scolding me like he usually would, he chuckled softly. "Don't let them hear you laughing or you'll be kicked out."

"I'm trying not to," I replied, calming down.

It took me a second to realize that Severus was holding out his hand so we could dance. I hesitated; maybe he was just flexing it.

"(Y/N), for the love of goodness," Minerva, who was straying near and dancing with Dumbledore, said exasperated. "He's asking you to dance!"

"Oh, sorry," I apologized to Severus. I smiled, blushed, and took his hand. He rolled his eyes and held me close. I wasn't a very good dancer, but at least Severus and I were better partners than Harry and that Patil twin.

We passed Hermione and Viktor Krum. I was surprised, and pleased, to see that she was dancing with the famous Krum. I winked at her.

Hermione blushed, beaming. She looked relieved that I at least was getting along with Severus. Or she didn't like the fact that I yelled at her during Potions.

Severus coughed. "Thought you were dancing with me." Why is he jealous? I'm straight!

"I am dancing with you, but I may talk to whoever I want," I pointed out, lifting my chin confidently. Severus rolled his eyes playfully and pulled me across the room to a group of people that I didn't know.

"What's wrong with me talking to people?" I asked sharply.

"Nothing."

"Then, I'm going to right now!"

"That's too bad," Severus said.

I scowled. I wanted to stay with him, but I won't let him tell me what to do. "Let me go, Severus. I'm thirsty." I glared at him with victorious eyes as he let me leave.

I felt like I won a battle, even though he followed me. "Did you even know those people?" I snapped. I won't let him get away this time.

"No," Severus answered, watching me as I got some pumpkin juice.

"That was stupid, then!" I scoffed, sipping the cup. The juice tasted sweet. I enjoyed doing this to Severus. I like making him upset. Except when he's already pissed off.

"Indeed," Severus agreed. I hate it when he does that.

I rolled my eyes and continued drinking the pumpkin juice, thinking. My feet were sore from dancing, even if we didn't dance for 10 minutes.

Tem skip ~~~~~

When the Weird Sisters started playing their music, I felt as if the whole room was shaking. It took me a while but I finally found my way to Severus, who had just returned from a walk outside. I glared st Severus, angry at the crowd who were hard to get through.

He seemed to know why I was pissed. "Seems as if somebody needs fresh air?"

"Stop assuming things," I said, rubbing my arm. But I sigh and give in. Why is Severus always right? "It's really hot in there."

We walked outside, silent. Then suddenly Dumbledore take a crap on a Death Eater and Voldemort cries while eating dah chicken leg while saying, "yum yum I like chicken but one of my servants die"

~~~~~~

OMG XD I'M SORRY OKAY THE NEXT PART OF THIS CHAPTER WILL BE NEXT PLEASE IT WAS A JOKE MAGGIE DO NOT KILL ME PLEASE

My God...

Just pretend that didn't happen. 😂🔫