CHAPTER II

(Catherine's POV)

It took me 45 minutes to finish the Physics test. The time allotted was 1 hour and 30 minutes so I still have another 45 minutes on the clock. I decided to review for at least 5 minutes.

As soon as I finished I reached for my phone and found a text from Alvin 2 minutes ago.

Alvin: Hey :)

Me: Hey. No classes?

Alvin: I have a 4 hour break. What's up?

Me: I just finished my Physics test. You?

Alvin: Oh...Just chilling at Starbuck's. Having some "Peppy Mocha" Want some?

Me: If only I could teleport hahaha

Alvin: So...When are you coming to Jaques Rousseau College?

Me: Maybe next year. Am I gonna see you there?

Alvin: Probably ;) Gonna take up a two year course somewhere in multimedia arts.

Me: What for?

Alvin: Business :)

Me: That's cool :P

Alvin: So...what course are you gonna take?

Me: Still confused with my choices.

Alvin: What are your choices?

Me: Cinema or Occupational Therapy. But it's gonna be hard on me if I take OT.

Alvin: Why? :O

Me: I got into my village's team. Medical School is already torture. I'm not sure if I can balance them easily.

Alvin: I'm sure you'll make up your mind. :)

Me: Thanks! Hey....I gotta go now. Talk to you soon :)

Alvin: Alright ;)

"Psst!" I turned around to see who it is "Psst!!" It was Dane

"What?"

"You've been smiling on your phone. Who's that?" I felt my cheeks turned bright red. It's been two months since school started and Dane keeps on teasing me ever since she knew about Alvin and I being friends.

"I know there's a little something-something going on..." She said.

"No there isn't!" I replied.

As soon as the tests were over, I immediately went home. I see mom in the kitchen making dinner for what seems to be a hundred people.

So I asked, "Mom? Who's coming over?"

"Your cousins." My cousins? I haven't seen them for forever! Why are they coming here?

"Gwyn!" A man with a deep voice called. I opened a door and saw and tall man in a suit and coat. It was my uncle George. He always looks fashionable ever since he worked with famous designers like Gabriel Guane, Robert Scott and many more. I also see a bunch of kids behind him. They were my cousins Nate, Miguel, Rose, Carmel and Sophia. They all have different moms. And I wonder who'll be the mother of his possibly-to-come 6th child.

"George! Hi, how are you?" Mom said as he approached him for a warm hug. "Oho, Gwyn. You look fine as ever!" Uncle George complimented.

"Hey Kate," Nate greeted ",You've gotten pretty tall huh?"

"Yeah," I giggled ", It runs in the family."

Last night's dinner was totally awesome. All our favorite childhood foods were there. Mom cooks the best food in the world.

Mom and I are packing for the long weekend getaway, which Uncle George arranged. He won't be there because he'll be having a fashion show for his clothing line. He kinda feels bad for leaving his kids alone again so that's why he arranged this trip for them.

I completely have no idea where we're going. All I see are trees, trees and trees. I get bored and sick during road trips so I decided to sleep in the car.

"Baby, wake up," I opened my eyes only to see this huge white building with a fountain in the center. It's full of ivory, jade and gold.

"Whoa," Sophia, in shock, said.

"How come dad never took us here?" Carmel asked.

All of us were in awe. The place was like the epitome if paradise.

"Ah, Ms. Peterson!" A butler walked towards us and introduced himself. "My name is Billy and I will serve you for the whole entire time. Come with me and I will show you around the place."

I believe that my irises widened as I saw this magnificent edifice. While Billy was touring us, he explained how it was built and why there was such a theme in each rooms. I never knew my ancestors owned this paradise.

"I have a lot of memories in this place," Mom said "We used to come here as kids often. Especially during Holidays and Summer time. Oh, how time flies."

After the tour, Billy showed us our rooms. There were enough rooms for each one of us. I got the room where it was full of butterflies and hearts. Totally not my type.

I stayed in the terrace for a while. On my view is a pool, a garden and another house. Billy explained that it belonged to my ancestors, too. That's why the fence has a door to the pool. People rent it for a few days and the money goes to some relative of ours whom I never met.

"Kate!" It was Miguel. So I looked down and see that they're getting ready for pool time. "You joining us?" he asked. I told him I'll be ready in 5 minutes.

I put on my bathing suit, grabbed my sunblock, phone and towel. The stairs are really freaky. The place was silent and huge. You can totally here your footsteps echo.

I arrived at the poolside and everyone seems to have fun. I jumped in the pool and relaxed for a little bit. Then the fun starts. My family is crazy. Gosh, I missed my cousins so much. Why did we have to move? Mom won't tell me the exact reason at all.