Part 4 - I'll help her

Sofia's pov

Wednesday, 7:39 pm

I got a text from Jake. I didn't read it but I know it can't be good. I run home as fast as possible. Not caring that I get wet. When I finally reach my house I take my keys out of my bag and open the door. I close the door behind myself.
"Hello honey" my mom says. I run upstairs with tears falling down my cheeks. I close my room's door behind me and lay down on my bed. I can hear my mom shouting something. I hear her come up the stairs and the door opens.
"What's wrong? What happend?" she asks as she sits on my bed. She hugs me. I start crying even more.
"J-Jake sent me a message" I say and when I mention his name I start crying more.
"Did you read it?" she asks and looks at me straight in the eyes.
"No" I say and take my phone. I open the message.
Jake - "How's Trofors baby?😘 Missing you. You should come here or I'll come there❤️"
I stare at the message. What does he want? 'Or I'll come there'!!
"What is it?" my mom asks and give my phone to her so she can see. She stares at my phone's screen and then looks at me.
"You can go, I'll text him back" I say. I had stopped crying.
"Are you sure? Call me if you need me" she says and gets up from my bed. I nod and she leaves my room. I need to text him back.
Me - "Better than Oslo"
I was pissed off of him messaging me.
Jake - "How come?"
Me - "You know"
Or did he ever listen to me?
Jake - "Yes I do but it's better here now, come back"
No way. It can't be better. Maybe it seems better because I'm not there to be bullied but if I'd go back we all know it would continue. Besides I have a friend here. Marcus.
Me - "No"
Jake - "Why not? I know you miss me"
I miss him a bit. No. No I can't miss him. He was terrible to me. But we were still together. He was all I had.
Me - "I don't"
He saw the message but didn't reply. I want him to know that I don't miss him and that I don't need him.

Wednesday, 9:35

I'm laying in bed staring at the ceiling. Thinking about... Marcus. He must be confused. I started to panic when I saw Jake sent me a message and I just had to leave. I'll have to explain it to him at some point. My phone beeps. I unlock my phone hoping that it isn't Jake. I see a message from Marcus.
Marcus - "Are you ok?"
Honestly no. I reacted so stupidly. Why did I just run out? Now I have to explain everything. There's no way around it, is there? Other than ignoring Marcus but I'm not doing that.
Me - "Yeah I'm good"
Marcus - "Are you sure? Please tell me what's wrong"
Marcus - "I will listen"
It's nice that he cares but I'm not ready to tell him. And I can't tell him just a part, I'd have to tell everything. I don't know him that well. And I don't want to talk about my past. I thought we could forget about it...
Me - "I' can't yet"
Marcus - "Take your time😘"
In this situation Jake would've forced me to say what's wrong.
Marcus - "Can we meet tomorrow?"
Me - "No sorry, I have a doctors appointment😒"
I hate going to the doctor.
Marcus - "Aww well see you on Friday then😏"
I plug my phone to it's charger and I get up and go to the toilet. I take make up remover and take off my make up and go to the shower. I stare down at my legs. They aren't that thin and neither is my waist. I know that I have an eating disorder and I know how to get better but I just don't. I'm scared that I'll be judged.
I get out of the shower and dry myself. I put on my pyjamas and jump on to my bed. Quickly I fall asleep.

Thursday, 11:34 am

My mom and I are driving to the doctor. Neither of us have said a word since we got in the car. I'm scared. I don't want to go to the doctor and waste a whole day there. But I want to get better so I'll have to. My mom parks the car. When the car stops I get more and more scared and nervous.
"It's gonna go well" my mom says and puts her hand on my shoulder. We get out the car and walk to the building. My mom opens the door and we walk in.

Thursday, 12:00 pm

"Sofia Mitchell" the doctor shouts as she opens the door. My mom and I get up and walk in to the room. We sit down on two chairs. The doctor starts talking and asking us questions. I answer all of them truthfully for the first time and it makes me feel better.

Thursday, 3:53 pm

We were at the doctor for almost four hours. It was boring but I hope it was worth it. I hope I can gain my weight back to what it was, normal. We walk to the car and I take my phone out. 3 new messages, all from Marcus. I get onto the car and then open them.
Marcus - "Hey"
Marcus - "How was the doctor"
Marcus - "Are you alright?"
Well actually I'm really happy. The doctor was so nice. The only thing that makes me sad now is Jake, his message and my reaction.
Me - "Yea I'm fine"
Marcus - "How did the appointment go?"
Me - "Well"

Marcus' pov

Sofia - "Well"
I really hope that it actually went well. She needs help. And I'll help her.