melody

•••

amethyst had left before tyler awoke, making him alarmed. then he saw a note by his bedside table.

thanks for uh yeah you know.
see ya at your next show :).

-"amethyst"

i hope he keeps that promise, the pianist thought to himself.

josh walks home, and the breeze is calming. he sighs, if only he weren't there to catch me.

"goodnight, amethyst" still rings in his bitter head.

the nickname makes his heart flutter; he smiles.

walking to the shore, he sees the waves crash almost delicately. birds are squawking with a short, quiet sound flowing throughout the city.

the purple haired boy walks by some ancient buildings, he smells some cinnamon buns and so he follows his nose. like one of those cartoons, except he isn't floating towards it.

he enjoys the soft chilly breeze that accompanied the autumn fall.

the red, orange and yellow leaves made him calm; he sighed as the wind blew through his hair.

maybe today he'd try again.

josh finds himself in the café down the street from the ledge he jumped off of yesterday.

the doorbell chimes as he walks through, and he sees people conversing with one another, he smiles.

maybe today he'd try again.

his baby blue button up, and black skinny jeans matched his carefree demeanor and his cotton soft pale skin.

he looked ethereal.

everybody knew it, when they laid their eyes upon him. they didn't know he was going to be gone from this world, if only tyler hadn't caught him.

amethyst orders a cinnamon bun, like he'd smelled. the lady at the counter eyed him up, but not uncomfortably, and he felt significant. for once.

maybe today he'd try again.

the boy sits, his pale cheeks becoming rosy from the chill.

his window seat shows the world outside, he sees a couple kiss.

maybe today he'd try again.

the girl was kissing another girl, and one of them had rose gold cheeks, probably not from the weather out.

they looked so happy. and josh smiled again.

once he goes, he sees a familiar brick setting.

regina's the sign said.

he sees a particular brunette, at a beautiful brown piano.

he was already on his set, gracing the monotone colored keys with his tan fingers, eyes closed as he poured his heart out. like a patter of pancakes producing the perfect golden treat.

josh smiled, once more.

maybe today he'd try again.

he orders sangria, wanting fruit to flow nicely with the mood he was in. and it would.

"you're regina right?" he asked, she blushed, "course! how're you liking your drink?"

"it's lovely, thank you."

she nodded, grinning.

"open up your eyes and see, the clouds above will hold you. the clouds above will sing."

"what song is that? it's wonderful i've never heard of it?"

"ur- it's his newest song, he wrote it about you, but don't tell him i said that," the beauty giggled.

amethyst's cheeks were crimson, but not from the cold this time, "really?"

"i'm in your mind, i'm singin-"

"he doesn't even know me, why'd he compose a song about me?"

"uh- he told me about yes- um you know what? i think i have to go- nice talking to you amethyst."

he decided he loved that nickname. coming from anyone.

it made him feel nice, good about himself even.

tomorrow he'd try again.

•••