Chapter 6

"It's a blue police box." John said whilst staring at the strange wooden structure, "You're putting your faith in a box?"

"Jealous?" Sherlock said, even though he already knew he was. He knew everything about John.

"No."

"Lying." Sherlock whispered to himself as he unlocked the door.

"How are we going to save someone in a box?" John asked.

"Take a look inside." Sherlock said. With that, he pushed open the doors.

After John had gotten over the fact that the blue telephone box was a spaceship and was bigger on the inside, Sherlock explained the plan.

"So, do you know how to fly this thing?" John asked. Sherlock turned to face him. He was disappointed that John had so little faith in him.

"Oh please," Sherlock said rolling his eyes, "type 40 TARDIS. Who doesn't?"

Sherlock ran around the console pressing buttons and pulling the leavers. John was clearly impressed. He lent on the console in a desperate attempt to look cool.

"Don't touch that!" Sherlock said panicking. John quickly retracted his hand. Sherlock looked at him and began to laugh. John joined in.

"John," Sherlock whispered, "I think we've landed. They both walked over to the door and grabbed one handle each. The pulled the doors at the same time and stepped out into the world. They hadn't landed in the same place as the Doctor, but they were close.

"So, this is London." John said. He didn't recognise his surroundings at all.

"1983 judging by the bricks used to make the buildings. But yeah, London." Sherlock replied.

"But it's so quiet and empty," John explained, "Only us and a road with no end."

"Don't be stupid John. All roads have an end."

"You know what I mean! Actually, I don't think you do."

As they wandered down the dark, abandoned road, their wind whistled loudly. Their footsteps could be heard through out the street. They stopped for a moment to admire the silence. Well, they thought it was silence. In the distance they heard a very faint marching sound. John looked at Sherlock. His eyes were trembling with fear. John looked over his shoulder to see a faint glimpse of silver.

"What is that?" He whispered.

"A Cybermen," Sherlock replied, "but not just one. A whole army of them. Technically 3871. We should probably run."

Sherlock led the way to a long alleyway. Their heavy breathing was silenced by a mechanical noise. A monotonous robot voice screamed "Exterminate." It was coming from the opposite side to the Cybermen.

"Daleks." Sherlock managed to say in between breaths.

The two men were trapped in an alleyway with both exits being guarded by robots. They now had to decide which way they wanted to die. This was not Johns idea of fun.